DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I’ve only had the truck for a few weeks now so I was a bit disappointed this weekend when I pulled my Husky floor liner up to see the carpet nice and wet.

My truck is a 2018 2500 mega cab and the water appears to be coming from under the dash and running down on the carpet.
I’m really hoping this is an easy fix, please give me some guidance on what could be the cause of the leak.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check the rear carpet as well. I first noticed my carpet was wet in the front passenger floor area and discovered the culprit was the upper brake light. Going downhill, braking, or parking downhill will trap the water up front. If that is the problem, it is an easy fix but takes time to strip out the interior to remove the carpet for proper drying. Hopefully yours is just a windshield seal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you been running the A/C much? Look under truck for the drain for the evap box. If its blocked up with dirt/mud/bugs etc it cant drain and it will fill up the heater/AC box and then it runs out and soaks the carpet floorboard.
Yes I have, I just came back from a trip to North Carolina and ran the A/C pretty much non stop. After reading this I ran it yesterday as well but just for a trip to town and I did notice a small amount of water in the same area beading up. Where is the drain box located. I crawled under my truck to try and see it but I don’t really know what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Yes I have, I just came back from a trip to North Carolina and ran the A/C pretty much non stop. After reading this I ran it yesterday as well but just for a trip to town and I did notice a small amount of water in the same area beading up. Where is the drain box located. I crawled under my truck to try and see it but I don’t really know what I’m looking for.
Passengers side just in front of the firewall. Should be a black hose hanging down in that area.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hello @6.7mega_cab,

The team at Ram Cares would like to offer our assistance alongside your dealer appointment. Please send us a private message with your mileage as well as any other relevant details relating to this matter for us to review. Let's find a solution together!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Reactions: 6.7mega_cab

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello @6.7mega_cab,

The team at Ram Cares would like to offer our assistance alongside your dealer appointment. Please send us a private message with your mileage as well as any other relevant details relating to this matter for us to review. Let's find a solution together!

Hannah
Ram Cares
Thank you, PM sent.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I had that problem with my 19, turns out the drain hose for the AC condisate was clogged with a spider web, unclogged it and was good as new. never had that problem since

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I had that problem with my 19, turns out the drain hose for the AC condisate was clogged with a spider web, unclogged it and was good as new. never had that problem since
what I did was I took an air compressor and I shot air into the little black house sticking out near the firewall under thehood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so I’ve only had the truck for a few weeks now so I was a bit disappointed this weekend when I pulled my Husky floor liner up to see the carpet nice and wet.

My truck is a 2018 2500 mega cab and the water appears to be coming from under the dash and running down on the carpet.
I’m really hoping this is an easy fix, please give me some guidance on what could be the cause of the leak.

Thanks in advance!!
Check the body joint chem welds. Some times the dry out and crack. Look in the top corner where the hood hinge is and inspect them. To find it remove plastic interior panels pull the carpet and jute insulation back wipe down the entire surface dry then take some baby powder and scatter it about. Next take a 16 oz water bottle pump a small hole in the lid and gently squirt it into different areas where the body panels meet give each squirt a few minutes to trickle down. Wipe down where you squirted between each test and when you see the leak dripping into the cab you will know what you need to seal.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks in advance!!
My 2018 2500 4x4 did the same thing, it was the heater core. It had to be replaced at 38,000 miles. The service manager told me mine was the 3rd one they had to schedule that week, said it was due to cheap Chinese manufacture.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 2018 2500 4x4 did the same thing, it was the heater core. It had to be replaced at 38,000 miles. The service manager told me mine was the 3rd one they had to schedule that week, said it was due to cheap Chinese manufacture.
Well I hope that’s not the cause of it, how expensive was it to replace? You would think Ram would address this issue since it appears to be a fairly common occurrence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I hope that’s not the cause of it, how expensive was it to replace? You would think Ram would address this issue since it appears to be a fairly common occurrence.
Service Mgr said not enough issues nationwide to have a recall. As far as cost, extended warranty took care of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts