DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone researched or thought about doing this? I'm interested in the gains of cleaning and cooler Air charges, the timing is going to be nice as well when I read up on tuning, only internal plans I have is camming it.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The bottom ends on these engines are pretty strong; how hot of a cam are you putting in it?

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
There are no drawbacks aside from if you tune for the meth HAVING to be there. IF you run out do not push it hard and honestly it's best to throw something in there and not use it at all if you tuned around meth. If you spray 90% meth it's like going 110 octane PLUS it is a fuel in and of itself as well as providing cooling and detonation resistance, if you do get meth and are serious about it get a Snow performance MAP-ABLE system that allows you to create a "fuel table" for the meth and it has it's own set of sensors and fail-safes that allow true integration with the rest of your system.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still researching it, i'd like to get more lowend torque over Hp its my daily and a 6 speed. Though i'd like a decent chop. suggestions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if you can tune a meth map and fail-safe no meth map as a backup when you run out? I'm reading up on EFI tuning and looking to DIY with HP tuners.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I made my own setup 2 years ago, very cheap no need for big money to be spent, but your not really going to feel any results , but it should help clean intake and combustion chambers.
Get a good oem quaility washer fluid pump
Get a .04 or .03 thou misting nozzle, stainless from amazon
Cheap jobber washer fluid tank, dorman brand
1/4 inch plastic air brake line and some brass fittings
A simple rocker switch that you can arm and disarm the system, mount close to steering wheel
A trigger or clicker type switch to mount down near throttle pedal/firewall
I relocated the sensor from intake tube to airbox, mister and brass fitting in that hole, plastic airline over to where you have your new tank, short washer fluid hose from tank to pump and pump to plastic airline
I had my throttle switch set up to trigger around 2500 rpm, also if i didnot want any mist, just turn the whole thing off at the rocker switch.
Tips. Only use distilled water, and meth at approx 50/50mi
Also you will want to check the misting pattern every couple days, make sure not clogged
Im not using this set up right now,

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've only used Snow Performance kits on my Diesle's. They are a great add-on with a noticeable difference in power. I'd also be really curious about the torque/HP changes using a kit on one of these N/A Hemi's. I'll be buying a 2019 or 2020 1500 and would love to know what change they make. May have to call Snow and ask I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts