DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Cl
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need help choosing the best water pump and thermostat for my 2004 ram2500 5.7l
Engine truck. I will be using the truck to plow and haul. So a really good one of each is preferred without breaking my bank thanks in advance
It's also a quad cab sl trim

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd do a factory water pump and a jet thermostat. Is something wrong with your pump now?

·
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mechanic says its loose. Water pump.....he replaced the belt and belt tensioner and said the pump was loose and while its off should replace the thermostat.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well if it's loose you will deff want to change it before it shits the bed and you're on the road. OEM is the route I would go for sure tho.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Auto parts stores sell a water pump for $99 that has a better blade assembly IMO. Just replacing it is the important thing though. Jet 180 tstat is what you should replace the factory 195* tstat with. A cooler engine is important when hauling heavy loads. Prob not a bad idea to do a full flush and replace your rad hoses now too since its all gonna be torn apart.

·
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finished

Ok run down bought all the parts from Napa. Kill me now or later what ever first timer here Lolz. Hoses are all fairly new and fine.
Now advice on my exhaust pipe please. My local stores are the usual box stores
Thanks. My pipe is full of holes and the tip looks like a goat took a bite out of it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Purchasing cat backs are fairly expensive and don't perform any better than a custom exhaust. Take it to a muffler shop and have them fab a new one for you. Magnaflow sells a great y pipe that will really free up some exhaust flow. Don't let ego determine pipe size either :) run 2.5" and it will be perfect. Then you can pick out some nice burly 4" stainless tips if you go duel out the back or stay with a single pipe, that's up to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts