DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much torque is supposed be on the water pump bolts. And is there a certain order I need to tighten the bolts in?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Just wondering how much torque is supposed be on the water pump bolts. And is there a certain order I need to tighten the bolts in?
Thanks
Yes I believe the torque spec is 35 ft-lbs and two of the long bolts are water bolts and you will have to use a thread sealer. Their is a pattern but just fallow to old criss cross or x method. Don't fully torque one side then the other first start out by bolting it down wrist tighten then go back and torque the bolts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes I believe the torque spec is 35 ft-lbs and two of the long bolts are water bolts and you will have to use a thread sealer. Their is a pattern but just fallow to old criss cross or x method. Don't fully torque one side then the other first start out by bolting it down wrist tighten then go back and torque the bolts.
I am glad I found this because you answered 2 of my questions!

They were:

1. Aren't there certain bolts that need sealer? Some go into the water jacket? (You answered)
But mine has FOUR LONG BOLTS!
2. Also, mine had an o-ring in the bag. I assume it is to seal one of those bolts?
My water pump has a beveled area, at a the top right bolt hole - with a LONG bolt, on the W/P gasket surface the LOOKS like where it should go?
3. Any idea of the order to tighten the bolts? (You answered)
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I am glad I found this because you answered 2 of my questions!

They were:

1. Aren't there certain bolts that need sealer? Some go into the water jacket? (You answered)
But mine has FOUR LONG BOLTS!
2. Also, mine had an o-ring in the bag. I assume it is to seal one of those bolts?
My water pump has a beveled area, at a the top right bolt hole - with a LONG bolt, on the W/P gasket surface the LOOKS like where it should go?
3. Any idea of the order to tighten the bolts? (You answered)
Thanks in advance!
The o ring is for the heater pipe that slips into the side of the water pump

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just got a manual and it says 18 ft lbs on the 5.7 hemi got lucky broken bolt threaded right out and it was a shorty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts