DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Iv been batteling this for years over diffrent veh. Everytime I wash the veh I get heavy waterspots on the windows to the point it's leaving white spots. Iv changed soaps with no help do obviously their is lots of minerals in the water. If I go to the car wash it's fine.. what are u doing to stop and remove?
A 50:50 mix of water and distilled
Iv been batteling this for years over diffrent veh. Everytime I wash the veh I get heavy waterspots on the windows to the point it's leaving white spots. Iv changed soaps with no help do obviously their is lots of minerals in the water. If I go to the car wash it's fine.. what are u doing to stop and

A 50:50 mix of distilled white vinegar and water works great to break down heavy water spots on windows. Living at 7000 feet makes it nearly impossible to wash and dry a Ram 2500 before a part of it dries and spots. I end of washing, rinsing and drying one side at a time. A giant PITA. Surprised the Chemical Guys don't have a filter setup to fix this issue. Need to do a search for one based on replies here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not really a option living in a modular home their is absolutely no where to put equipment to fix the problem.
My BIL in Indiana lives in a rural modular (on well water) and has his softener equipment installed in what they call the "basement" of the home. That is a place specifically designed for equipment installation and is fabricated from cement that is attached to the foundation. It also has a rather easily accessible doorway/crawl opening.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
1,184 Posts
All of that stuff spray on stuff washes off so what's the point of it when it comes to water spots? I revert back to the rise aid stuff....distilled, etc. That's the only thing that will truly help prevent water spots after a wash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iv been batteling this for years over diffrent veh. Everytime I wash the veh I get heavy waterspots on the windows to the point it's leaving white spots. Iv changed soaps with no help do obviously their is lots of minerals in the water. If I go to the car wash it's fine.. what are u doing to stop and remove?
I am in Texas. Hot as hell. I make sure to park my truck in the shade long before I wash it so it cools down and the water doesnt evap too fast. Then the first thing I dry are the windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blow the veh (🙄) dry with a blower then use a microfiber towel with detail spray immediate after washing. NO DIRECT SUNLIGHT EITHER!! For the VEH ✊🏻

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes!!! That was it and did work very well.
Im assuming this is what you were talking about Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System Starter Kit + Free Shipping

Go to lowes hardware and purchase a box of borax. This softens the water. Just a little is needed. I use it in the laundry and dishwasher also. It compliments the detergent being used and cleans better.
will have to give it a try.. Just have to hide the borax because my kid steels it as soon as she see's it to make slimb..LOL

Amazon features the hose connected filters for hard water, a little pricey. Get your glass good and clean and apply a ceramic finish product (use it on your entire vehicle) or RainX. Makes keeping your glass clean easy. Bug goo comes off easier also.
Not overly priced. Im thinking about installing a cartage filter outside on the hose, then i can try different filters and see what works best. These guys have some good products but i can get the same thing locally and then just select my filter. They even have a water softener that hooks to garden hose

I am in Texas. Hot as hell. I make sure to park my truck in the shade long before I wash it so it cools down and the water doesnt evap too fast. Then the first thing I dry are the windows.
I usually wash first ting in the morning before it gets hot and in the shade

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, that’s the one. I didn’t know they still sold those kits. However years ago I think the price was half of the current price. I’m sure the replacement cartridges were less than $20.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 4x4 Sport Crew Cab
53 Posts
Iron spots... the ceramic helps bead the water off after removing deposits.
Clay bars can be used on glass, including the windshield. Make sure to wash the glass using car shampoo first and then use plenty of lubrication in the form of a clay lubricant spray, or car shampoo to glide the clay bar across the glass in straight line motions, then rinse the surface and dry. https://www.autozone.com/wash-clean...-hybrid-ceramic-quik-clay-kit-18oz/744954_0_0

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Iron spots... the ceramic helps bead the water off after removing deposits.
Clay bars can be used on glass, including the windshield. Make sure to wash the glass using car shampoo first and then use plenty of lubrication in the form of a clay lubricant spray, or car shampoo to glide the clay bar across the glass in straight line motions, then rinse the surface and dry. https://www.autozone.com/wash-clean...-hybrid-ceramic-quik-clay-kit-18oz/744954_0_0
Clay bar would not touch these water spots. Steel wool would not even take the spots off, it would lighten them up slightly. Only thing that worked was chemical guys water spot remover.. Was worth the $25 per bottle.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 4x4 Sport Crew Cab
53 Posts
Clay bar would not touch these water spots. Steel wool would not even take the spots off, it would lighten them up slightly. Only thing that worked was chemical guys water spot remover.. Was worth the $25 per bottle.
I would never use steel wool on any part... you can also use CLR in a mix... Chemical Guys have great products also

21 - 34 of 34 Posts