DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've tried a few different wax products on my Rams over the years. Turtle wax, Turtle Wax ICE, Meguiar's Gold, etc. I must say I applied the Meguiar's NXT 2.0 last week and took this photo today. Still shines and feels brilliant. :Wow1:

What wax are you guys using? I'm looking for a nice, but long lasting shine. Hopefully the NXT will continue to shine for a couple months.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
looks good. :smileup:

the longest lasting protection is going to come from a synthetic paint sealant...many diff brands out there. once cured, you can top coat with a carnauba to give a richer protection.

there are lots of posts in the dodge ram detailing and general maintenance forum here http://ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
About the best stuff I've used is the McGuire's tech wax... it's not cheap.. close to $20 a bottle, but you will have a hard time beating the shine without an orbital buffer

Exco

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
I've been using the Turtle Wax Butter. It works great for long lasting but nothing works better than carnuba for the best shine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've tried all of the major brands except for Swissvax because it's $200 a bottle. I think Meguiar's has the best products on the market. The NXT stuff is great but the Meguiar’s Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I use their cleaner wax on my wheels once a month as well.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I LOVE swissvax, LOL, but can only afford about one bottle a year haha.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
NXT 2.0 is a sealant, not a wax. It should last about 6 months. It also can be topped with wax for a little more "pop". The below info was provided by autogeek.
Jay

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

X

A new breed of protection!

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 introduces a new dimension of gloss and protection! Nothing even comes close to this amazing product. NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 glides on and off easily leaving behind shimmering evidence of the protection it’s supplying! Gaze through the crystal-clear shell at the depth and richness of drenched color below. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal a dazzling new finish!

When you talk “wax,” you’re actually talking protection. Tech Wax 2.0, a synthetic, scientifically engineered paint sealant, is an alternative to traditional wax. The benefits of a paint sealant are many: fool-proof, fast, easy application, longer lasting, equivalent protection! If you prefer the appearance of a wax (said to be a glossier, wetter, richer appeal) but like the durability of a sealant, you can layer a wax over a paint sealant. Pinnacle Souveran™ or Signature Series II will give you most outstanding results over Tech Wax 2.0. Meguiar’s does not recommend layering Tech Wax 2.0 over another sealant or wax. It has slight cleaning properties, but one coat is all you need to achieve dramatic results.​

If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without Tech Wax 2.0. Your paint will be dark and rich and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you've ever seen. New ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tough polymer bond to your paint to provide extreme protection!

At the same time you’re protecting your car with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, “specialized, clear coat safe abrasives” included in the formula eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish! No other sealant can do that! Fans of Tech Wax 2.0, and I assure you there is an army of them, report what it is that makes Tech Wax 2.0 their favorite. Sharp, crisp reflections and bold profiling. The visual result is a nice balance between a shiny, clear sealant look and a deep, glossy carnauba. OUTSTANDING!​

Reactions: daggertats

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NXT 2.0 is a sealant, not a wax. It should last about 6 months. It also can be topped with wax for a little more "pop". The below info was provided by autogeek.
Jay

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

X

A new breed of protection!

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 introduces a new dimension of gloss and protection! Nothing even comes close to this amazing product. NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 glides on and off easily leaving behind shimmering evidence of the protection it’s supplying! Gaze through the crystal-clear shell at the depth and richness of drenched color below. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal a dazzling new finish!

When you talk “wax,” you’re actually talking protection. Tech Wax 2.0, a synthetic, scientifically engineered paint sealant, is an alternative to traditional wax. The benefits of a paint sealant are many: fool-proof, fast, easy application, longer lasting, equivalent protection! If you prefer the appearance of a wax (said to be a glossier, wetter, richer appeal) but like the durability of a sealant, you can layer a wax over a paint sealant. Pinnacle Souveran™ or Signature Series II will give you most outstanding results over Tech Wax 2.0. Meguiar’s does not recommend layering Tech Wax 2.0 over another sealant or wax. It has slight cleaning properties, but one coat is all you need to achieve dramatic results.​

If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without Tech Wax 2.0. Your paint will be dark and rich and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you've ever seen. New ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tough polymer bond to your paint to provide extreme protection!

At the same time you’re protecting your car with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, “specialized, clear coat safe abrasives” included in the formula eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish! No other sealant can do that! Fans of Tech Wax 2.0, and I assure you there is an army of them, report what it is that makes Tech Wax 2.0 their favorite. Sharp, crisp reflections and bold profiling. The visual result is a nice balance between a shiny, clear sealant look and a deep, glossy carnauba. OUTSTANDING!​

Wow, thanks for the info. It does read a bit like a Meguiar's commercial, but I must agree I am still very satisfied with the shine.

Have you ever put wax over NXT 2.0 yourself?

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
No, I use Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and top it with Collinite 845.
Jay

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you clay bar first, then polish and then wax, you will get amazing results. The clay bar removes contaminants and the polish (mirror glaze #7) removes the old wax so you have a fresh clean surface for the new wax (mirror glaze #26). I have used Meguiar's for years and always been happy. I will have to try the NXT Techwax 2.0 and see how it works!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used it yesterday (and previously on my Challenger) and it looks great! The benefit to using it comes from the water just rolling off of it. On your first wash after using it, you'll notice that the water beads like crazy. I use a leaf blower to blast the water off of it and it keeps you from having a ton of drying to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts