DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RAM owners manual and the homelink website both say to look for a flashing indicator light when clearing and programming the transmitter. I didn't think mine was working since there was no light anywhere; then I noticed the EVIC text said clearing transmitter and then programming. I trained a simple gate opener (non-rolling) on button 1. When you press and hold the button the EVIC says transmitting on 1. Trouble is you have to be right up close to the gate to have the gate get the signal. I have a small handheld transmitter that works the same gate from quite a distance away with just a short push. So, my question is, is this normal for the 2012 RAM homelink or do I have a defective transmitter? Is there supposed to be an indicator light somewhere?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can't answer your question about the transmitter being defective but I don't think you have a indicator light with the EVIC. As you said the manual keeps referring to the indicator light (located in the overhead console) but when you look the the owners manual on the CD it tells you how to setup homelink with the EVIC that is where homelink is indicated from.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the CD has later info than the printed book or downloaded user manual? I guess I'll have to break it out of shrinkwrap and check it out. Thanks man.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, the Homelink uses the EVIC. Not a light anywhere. I had the same issue trying to program mine.

However, my Homelink works my gate and garage door from farther away than the other transmitters I have. I'm thinking there may be an issue with yours.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My homelink works from about 3 houses away if that helps.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone

Thanks guys. Sounds like mine may be defective. I'm going to run a few experiments from different distances and see what happens before I go running in with a warranty claim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts