DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Weatherbeater Mat Review

Sorry I originally titled this post as Weathertech review. It is a review of my new Weatherbeater mats.

So these arrived yesterday; an early Christmas present:

So my first thoughts on opening the box were not all positive. They don't seem to be high end; I guess I was expecting more of a rubber material and these are much more inflexible than that. Just out of the box they look relatively cheap and not worth $116+. They feel like plastic and they are bent in strange ways so thy look like you will have trouble fitting them.

My opinion changed quickly as I got them in the truck. Those strange bends that look like mishandling fit all the contours of the floor extremely well and the mats went in with little fuss. Even the single piece in the back seat went in easily and fits flat with no buckling. I specifically did not get the single front mat because i was worried about how well it might fit over the hump. If I was ordering these again I would have no problem ordering the one piece for the front. Basically now that they are in they look like the custom piece I was ordering.

The coverage is excellent and the protect the floor completely. Overall I'm very pleased and would recommend them.

Driver's Side

Passenger

Rear

·
Registered
398 Posts
Coincidently, I just picked a set of these today.
I went to a local speed shop intending to buy WeatherTech mats.
The owner said he also sells Husky. He feels the Husky liners are as good and a better price.
He sells WeatherTech for $150 for front.
I took his advice and ordered the Husky liners at $98.
He had them for me the next day.
I had the same initial impression when I took them out of the box at his shop.
He let me try them in the truck before I took them.
I am very pleased with them.
They fit great, look good, and a good price. I recommend them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi there,
Did you pay $116 for front and rear mats or only front. I have the front weather tech mats and I think they are fantastic. I have to get a set for the rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got the Weathertech's off eBay, fronts only for $85. They look very similar to the Husky's. I don't think you can go wrong with either....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was for the front and back with free shipping.

Hi there,
Did you pay $116 for front and rear mats or only front. I have the front weather tech mats and I think they are fantastic. I have to get a set for the rear.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow they look just like the weather techs which i think are too expensive IMO but where did you purchase these for $116? They are $170 on their website...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do these slide around?

These mats look great! In my last truck I had the Westin Wade Sure Fit mats for both front and back and I loved them! I need to purchase a set for my new 2012. Do the Huskys move or slide? Where did you get the set at this price? They are cheaper then the Wades and are a lot cheaper then the weathertecs.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I had the Huskys for a few months and sold them for next to nothing because I hated them....Have had the WeatherTechs for a year now and love them.....Paid $119+ tax for them...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^pics?

And where did you guys get these products at those prices!?

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I like the way that the sides raise up & are more like trays
I spilled a cup of coffee on my passenger side, the mats got wet underneath my rubber Dodge mats, i would have liked for more of a tray to catch the liquid

·
Registered
251 Posts
I wish Husky or Weathertech made them in brown, both make just tan which will show dirt and may stain. Kind of leaning towards the brown Mopar slush mats, gotta decide quick before my truck arrives (my interior is Pebble Beige/Bark brown).

·
Registered
111 Posts
What makes one better than the other (weathertech vs husky) ? Cause I'm looking at getting a front/rear set before the snow starts to fall, but I'm not going to spend $150 on floor mats.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why is this thread titled "Weathertech review" where you have "Huskyliners"?

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
See the first post.

I'd also like to know more about the differences between the huskyliners and weathertech's. They seem about the same IMO, and these guys above said they paid about the same... I want to order some but don't know where they got that pricing, and which ones I should get.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Because the idiot who wrote the review (that would be me by the way) :LOL: put Weathertech in the title and once it was submitted he couldn't change it.

Wow they look just like the weather techs which i think are too expensive IMO but where did you purchase these for $116? They are $170 on their website...
On Amazon.com

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the way that the sides raise up & are more like trays
That was exactly what I was looking for. In fact they are actually deeper than I thought they were in the pics. I could easily pour a 1/2 gallon of liquid in any of the footwells.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts