DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my truck would not unlock at all. I tried the fob, I tried the touch unlock, I tried the key inside the fob. The truck responds to button pressed as well as the handle touches. Remote start works. I am at a loss on how to get into it. 2018 ram 1500 larime ecodiesel.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I had a very similar problem on mine a year or so ago. Took it to the dealer and they found a service bulletin about the plug above the spare tire for the tailgate lock getting water in it and shorting out. Try unplugging it and see what happens. I really believe this problem killed my battery also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check it. It may be some sort of master switch too going out. I was able to get in the vehicle finally and once I started it the issue isn't repeatable.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I'll check it. It may be some sort of master switch too going out. I was able to get in the vehicle finally and once I started it the issue isn't repeatable.
I had the same thing on mine. It would screw up a couple of times then be fine for awhile. Wait and see if it does it again then check the plug when it is doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts