DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks -

Strange issue that just started with my trailer light connector - I use the four pin. Last couple of trips with the boat I noticed the right turn signal/brake light not working - but had running lights. So I have a tester for the vehicle side connector and I plugged it in to the receptacle and it tells me no power to turn signal at the plug (I forget which color wire it is). I say ok - check fuses. Fuses are good. For the hell of it, even though the tester was telling me the vehicle connector wasn’t getting juice to one of the one, went ahead and wired up a new plug on the trailer side. Plug it in - works. Drive a few miles down the road - same deal / no right turn signal/brake light at trailer. Tester again reveals that the truck side is bad. Shut truck off, start it, works again for a few miles and then rinse and repeat. Trailer is fairly new and I am confident no bad grounds on trailer - and he’ll even if I did, tester tells me the truck side is having an issue.

Is there some kind of relay here that cold be going bad? Note that at all times I always have completely functional turn signals and brake lights on truck.

Completely stumped.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update - I ran a 7 to 4 pin adapter to see if the problem was just with the 4 pin plug and the same problem occurs. Dealer thinks it has something to do with TIPM. Goes in soon for repair - max care warranty should cover so....will update after dealer visit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts