DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 2500 with a Cummins 6.7, both EGR and DPF deleted. I was at a light to turn. I went and turned right and floored it (mostly, about 75% throttle) and of course a decent amount of smoke came out, I have an MM3 tuner.

At some point the truck "jolted" and I lost power, pretty sure the vehicle went into limp mode. I didn't realize it at the time what it was but I was able to stop the truck and start it again and drive for a few seconds before it went limp again.

I connected a DTC and read the first three attached messages about the exhaust pressure and the gear ratio. I assume the gear ratio errors came up because the truck went into limp mode and the speed wasnt consistent with what the truck was expecting it to be.

Then I tried the old "let's clear it and see if it happens again" thing and I checked the Pending codes and the message about the NOX sensor appeared.

Any ideas what's going on? No other issues nor any problems to date. Maybe just a sensor or a fluke? Haven't had time to drive it again yet. Thanks!
Automotive tire Gadget Font Communication Device Material property

Finger Communication Device Gadget Font Material property

Telephony Communication Device Gadget Font Measuring instrument

Product Gadget Telephony Communication Device Font

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,719 Posts
It might help the members to answer your question if you give us know a little more information about the truck, such as year & engine?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Hello @jgruberman,

We're sorry to hear about your vehicle's power loss concern and are more than willing to offer our assistance alongside your dealer. Please send us a private message with your vehicle's mileage if interested in our assistance!

Hannah
Ram Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts