DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Hemi. I Got something out of my truck the other day and then locked my doors with the electronic key. I started talking to my friend and he said look your bed light is on and your windows are going down in the front. I went to my truck and rolled the windows up and locked it again. In just a minute it happened again. I cut the truck all the way on and rolled the windows up and it fixed the problem. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you have remote start then there is a feature that if you press the unlock button on your remote 2x and hold it that the windows will roll down and doors unlock. That would explain the lights coming on and the windows coming down. The remote could've been pressed against something in your pocket or faulty electronics.... ????

If not that, then I blame gremlins and suggest not feeding your truck after midnight. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I don't have remote start so maybe it was just a mess up in the computer. If it does it again I will call the dealer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My key fob remote did it when I had remote start on my 2010. I now have a 2011 w/o remote start and it doesn't work. I'm just going off of my experience.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You just hit the unlock button twice holding it down the second time until windows are down as far as you want them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would like to know if I'm on the only one who's truck doesn't do this. I do not have remote start and it doesn't work when I try it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would like to know if I'm on the only one who's truck doesn't do this. I do not have remote start and it doesn't work when I try it.
Rough this is standard equipment that I found out about when I first got my truck I don't have remote start. it also depends on how your unlock is set on your EVIC if it is one push to unlock all or 2 push to unlock all that will make it either hold on 2 or 3 also this is not exclusive to 11s It also works on my father in laws 09 with remote start.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
You do Not need the remote start to make it work
you do need the FOB or FOBIK, also called the Frequency Operated Button Integrated Key

when you go into the Personal Settings on your EVIC, also called (Electronic Vehicle Information Center)
you can choose several different settings like
how many clicks it takes to unlock your doors, 1 click or 2
how many times the horn beeps when you lock your vehicle
Etc.

On my Ram, i push unlock once, just the drivers door unlocks
if i push twice, all the doors unlock

If on the 2nd push, don't let up on the button & your front windows start rolling down
only pushing the buttons in the door will bring them back up, safety issue, they want you to be close to the truck when you raise the windows, you don't want to pinch children's fingers, strangle your pooch, or choke your chicken, while closing the windows of course

I automatically let up a bit on the button when unlocking the doors, i almost have to concentrate to get the windows down with the remote buttons
My pants seem to do it more often by mistake. i have even started my Ram when squatting down to pick something up

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your post had me go do some checking. I have kept my truck in the one press unlocks all doors mode since the day after I bought it. I went to garage to test and 1-press and hold doesn't work; 2-presses and hold 2nd doesn't work. I then switched the truck back to 1st press unlocks driver door, 2nd unlocks them all. When I did the 2-press and hold the 2nd press then the front windows went down.

This means that even though it is available, it will not work for those who want 1-press to unlock all the doors.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
That's not true because I have mine set to unlock all on one press since I usually have the baby in my hands and mine puts the windows down when I hold it on the second try.

·
Registered
156 Posts
All I can say that yours works differently than mine then. I did it both ways and it didn't work for me when I had it unlock all at once.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's not true because I have mine set to unlock all on one press since I usually have the baby in my hands and mine puts the windows down when I hold it on the second try.
^^^^works the same for me also

1 - 15 of 15 Posts