DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Westin HDX Grille Guard on 2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn SLT QC

I love it. It is all stainless steel, very heavy duty, and it bolted right up with no problems. Had to trim the plastic bumper filler panel, but that was easy. Shipping weight was 105lbs, and the front sags about a 1/4" from it. I have the Blistein 5100 on order to fix that. This shoud ensure that a deer/turkey strike doesn't leave my family and I broke down along the road on our camping trips.

P.s. For fun I used a jack to lift the front of the truck 3 inches, and then the truck looked awesome. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice!

I like how the black and chrome on the guard go with the truck. That thing is huge!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Indeed it is. My nephew thinks it should allow me to "keep on truckin" even if we cross paths with a pack of wandering road zombies. ;-). He suggested I mount 2 running chainsaws to each side of the guard, but that's just silly...hmmm...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Indeed it is. He suggested I mount 2 running chainsaws to each side of the guard, but that's just silly...hmmm...
Yeah, that is kind of silly. I would have one in the middle that oscillates back and forth also. Leaves more room for the two semi-auto 12 guages to mount.

You're not expecting a visit from Mel Gibson are you?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have been hoping someone would post pics of this monster on a ram. I had to see it b4 I made a decision. Jealous of the Black/Chrome look!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I looked into getting one of these, but I switched to a Tough Country bumper replacement because (despite a lot of Westin's advertising shots) this grill guard can't actually mount a winch (yet their advertising clearly shows an F250 w/ this guard and a "prototype" winch tray).

Does look nice on the truck, though. I'm a "non-chrome/blackout" guy myself, but I can't deny it looks sharp. Enjoy your purchase!

·
Registered
34 Posts
wow that looks great i think i want one how for from the body does it stick out ? over 6in on each side i wouldn't want to clip someone pulling out of a parking spot great pic thanks for putting it up to share

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow that looks great i think i want one how for from the body does it stick out ? over 6in on each side i wouldn't want to clip someone pulling out of a parking spot great pic thanks for putting it up to share
I'll have to measure, but it sticks out less than the mirrors do.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That thing looks mean as F#$*.

Good thing you got it lifted. Now you won't have the problem off the big parts of those zombies getting stuck under the bumper, after the chainsaws cut them up. Now you'll go right over them.:greenchainsaw:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, the truck tracked fine, but my alignment (camber) was off by a degree per the dealer. Had them check it, and fixed it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts