DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the time has finally come for me to purchase my lift. I've been shopping around and can honestly say its overwhelming. Not having had a lifted truck before I am not biased to a brand. I'm interested in getting the most lift as possible. I already have the bilstein 5100's in the front and plan on keeping them. My top choices would be procomp, BDS and rough country. The BDS is the most expensive out of the bunch at just about a grand more. I know it comes with the lifetime warrentary but is it really necessary if the lift is just going on mainly for looks?
Please post a pic of your truck, the lift, and whether your happy with the results. I've been trying to find pics of white ones and so far all i've found are the sports.
shizbox and candy08 you both have sick looking trucks and hopefully soon I will be a member of the lifted white 4th gen club :smileup:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
To be honest their all cookie cutter drop bracket lifts. pretty much the same design and achieve the lift the same way. It really depends on what you are comfortable spending. Personally I went with RCX. I got the RCX, Power Boards, Bilstiens and Mopar tow hooks for the price of the BDS lift. That was a big part of my purchase.

I'll tell you about RCX since I've had mine for about a year. It rides darn good, close to stock. I havent had any issues with the lift, even if I did it has a Lifetime Warranty. RCX will be the tallest lift when combined with Bilstiens bc of the 1" taller strut spacer. It also has 1" more of ground clearance at the crossmember and 3" more at the skid plate than BDS. Rcx also has a kicker bar upgrade that I highly suggest. I believe ProComp is the only other company to offer this. The rear doesnt uses a drop bracket setup for the arms, it has adjustable arms. Thats good for a guy like me that added spacers. I can dial in my pinion angle perfect. The rear uses 4.5" lifted coilspring and the Nitrogen shocks which combined ride a perform great.

If I were going to buy again I would do RCX again. Only other one I would consider is ProComp. Reason being because it's the only lift with a full 6" drop. Other than that it has ALOT of thins I dont like.

48" FRONT / 49.5" REAR

·
Registered
227 Posts
GOD! I only aspire to have your truck candy, I feel like a chihuahua humping your tire when i see it! Really incredible!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice Candy, you say the ProComp has a lot of things you don't like. Can you please elabrate on this? I would really hate to spend $2000 + install and hate the lift and have to switch to something else. The guys at the shop are trying to push me into a BDS lift because they make more money off of them and I don't believe it is necessary for what I intend to do with the truck.
I've already said it, but god thats one sexy looking truck, do you have any spaces on it for the wheels or is that just backspacing and offset?
Also, did you upgrade the rear shocks or keep the ones that came with the kit?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I bit the bullet today and bought the RC 6" lift, I did not get the optional kicker bars or spacers though. The lift won't get put on the truck for another 2-3 weeks though as i'm going away to work. I think I might upgrade it though and get the kicker bars and spacers though even the guy at the shop said neither would be necessary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys!!....New to this Forum and have a Question for Candy!....I just Purchased a 2013 Ram Sport 4x4 and Looking to Add a Rough Country 6" Lift and was told that the biggest Tire and Wheel Combination I could use was a 35x12.50x20 but I would prefer to use a 37x13.50x22!!....any Suggestions or Pointers??....Thanks!!

·
8,090 Posts
Hey Guys!!....New to this Forum and have a Question for Candy!....I just Purchased a 2013 Ram Sport 4x4 and Looking to Add a Rough Country 6" Lift and was told that the biggest Tire and Wheel Combination I could use was a 35x12.50x20 but I would prefer to use a 37x13.50x22!!....any Suggestions or Pointers??....Thanks!!
I would stay away from the new Rough Country lifts. They changed their design in 2013 and it's not a lift I'd recommend to anyone anymore. If you're looking for a really good "bang for your buck" lift then Zone's 6" kit is what you should be looking at.
For the setup you're wanting to run you'll want the 5" rear coils and then Bilsteins on the front at 2.1". You can clear 37's on the right wheels with that setup. 22x10 -12 offset will fit no problem, 22x10 -24 offset may require a bit of trimming, 12 wides will require a LOT of trimming or a body lift.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i gotta ask a question and it is really gonna sound rude and i don't mean it to be so please forgive me. i have been building trucks sense the early 90s. i have had lifts from 2" to 15" to custom 4 link with rockwells and tractor tires. my trucks get used there not pavement pounders when it comes to lift kits you get what you pay for! go visit some hardcore wheelin sites and search around for what they run you will not find rough country. i don't understand why so many people buy rough country there kits are junk imported Chinese crap. if that's the kit that's on your truck good for you i wish you luck and im not saying this to start a war. there is a reason the 3 biggest offroad shops around me will not install rough country parts. of the kits mentioned imo BDS is the only kit worth buying and its not just because of the warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts