DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What are the major differences between a 1500 and 2500?

65386 Views 30 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  12TZG
So, I have been looking at some Rams that I would like to buy. A big question that stumps me on buying one is; what are the differences between a 2500 and a 1500? The reason why I ask this is because I like the 2500 is because it looks like a tank! Most 3/4 ton trucks do.( I assume this is only because of a beefier suspension) Where as you have a 1500 looks more like a regular truck. No offense!:smileup: Is it just because it sits higher, this makes the front look bigger as well? Hell, I even like the wheels most 2500's come with over the 1500.

Is a simple solution to my crossroad simply lifting a 1500 approximately 6 inches to give it that 3/4 ton appearance and swapping wheels? Or is there more to a 2500 that I am unaware of?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,439 Posts
If mpg is a concern, you will want the 1500.

If MPG is a concern, a truck is not the direction to go; perhaps looking at a car from Honda or a Toytoa might be the way to go..... I haven't seen any mileage number on the new Dart that is coming out

Exco

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.