DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wats up guys i have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 slt 5.7L Hemi i want to go faster then my dads 2007 ford mustang gt lol and i have about 1500$ his car is stock by the way what can i do to achive this ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Fast + budget are not synonyms. If you want to go fast, its not cheap (especially with a 5000 lb truck).

Like Kay9 said, spray would be the best option for cheap speed, but without supporting upgrades youll be severely limited in the shot size you can run.

Id personally suggest a tuner ($300), set of headers ($500), used CAI off forums ($150), new y-pipe and muffler ($200 installed for both if you cant weld them in, $100 if you can), and a cam ($450 w/ cam/springs/ect). That would get you breathing quite a bit better and combined Id estimate around 50 whp.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Go the 392 Challenger route. You need a lot more than $1500.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
with 1500$ unless you use nitrous nothing will get you faster that a 2007 mustang gt

so

buy a 5$ sugar pouch put it in his gas, and then go race,... you might have a chance :LOL:

but if you whant to mod for that money i agree with doz + i would had with everything done including the cam, a custom tune , with would be from 200 to 500$ but would bring everything togeter and instead of 50rwhp you might get a another 15 to 25 to rwhp buy custom tuning with everything including a cam. but you wont be faster tham a 07 gt , might be a little close but not faster

also if you dont have them, put 3.92 gears,... i would buy them in a crash/scrap yard from a damage ram

·
Registered
542 Posts
4.56 gears and put 4 50 lb bags of corn in his trunk with out him knowing....

·
Registered
366 Posts
race him off road, then see who wins

·
Registered
95 Posts
Racing of road... That's one way of levelling the playing field...

:LOL:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
..one thing you got goin for you is that you have an 05,,arguably the best year for moddin, especially when it comes to tuning...

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

·
Registered
6,250 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
tell him you'd rather hook chains?:box:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah telling guys with Mustangs you wanna hooks chains usually shuts them up. As far as Mustang being faster I dunno bout the newer ones but the late 90s early 00 I've never had an issue with in my slightly modified truck. Only one I have an issue with is my buddy's supercharged 99 Mustang.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would suggest going out and buying a 360 cu block and boring it out to a 408 in the long run your gonna be spending more money on the motor and all new mounts. Plus the motor will be worth more than the truck, but your dad wont ever see anything but your truck in the distance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts