241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Sharp looking truck!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very nice, may I ask what kind of paint did you use for the tow hooks. I won't make any assumption but I'm curious if it was a single stage or dual stage paint etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Installed GPS mount for all of $6.00 for a reinforcing plate and #6 metal screws x2 inches replacing the two Torx screws securing the top of the center dash.
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
25 Posts
I finally got permission to get some wheels for the truck (two years later :))

I was going to get the Method 305HD but my better half picked out a slightly less expensive set of Method 306 Mesh Series Wheels. With a bright red truck and so much chrome it was hard to find any that looked ok but the 306 Mesh wheels come with stainless bolts in the rims that tie in the chrome. No Lifted. Not leveled. Stock height & stock tire size...

Wheel Diameter 18"
Width 9"
Bolt Pattern 8x6.5
Offset +18 mm
Bore 130.81 mm
Backside Spacing 5.75"
Wheel Weight 32.0 LBS
Max Load 3600 LBS

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Big Horn, BAG, 35x12.50 Patagonia's on stock 20's, Lund tri-fold tonneau cover
31 Posts
Installed my Lund Genesis Tri-fold tonneau cover yesterday.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Big Horn, BAG, 35x12.50 Patagonia's on stock 20's, Lund tri-fold tonneau cover
31 Posts
Installed 2" leveling kit with shock extensions.
Few tips/onservations: Soak all bolts/nuts with PB Blaster.
The sway bar stud nuts were the worst. You have to put a 5/16" socket on the tip of the stud to keep it from spinning, and let ratchet turn against frame as you turn wrench. Had to run nut up and down to get rust off. Having a die or thread chaser would have made it so much easier.
The cheap kit I used has two notches for bolts to hold spacer in place, but only one will line up with the hole for the rubber isolator, and I had to enlarge notch to fit around the bolt.
I wanted a 1.5" kit, but I couldn't beat the $75 price for this 2.5" kit. But, you get what you pay for. Having to grind the notches to fit the bolts that they supply is nuts, and the welds were not the best either.
As soon as I can afford it, I'll be getting taller springs and longer shocks.
I'll post pics soon as I take some.

·
Registered
2021 RAM 2500 Tradesman Crew
29 Posts
My 2021 crew cab 6.4 just turned 2000 miles, so I changed the oil. Why? Back in the bad old days, new engines would run rough, no power, stall out at idle, ran like crap. Then around 2000 miles, they would smooth out, power would be there. So obviously the engine has broken in. Nowadays, we don’t have to deal with that but the engine parts still are getting friendly with each other so I change out the factory oil around 2000 miles.The Oil life monitor showed 76% life remaining. I did not reset it so the next oil change will not be the full life.

btw - back in 2009, got a new Pontiac G8 with a 6.0l engine. Had a OLM and everyone was asking ’what is this and can you trust it?’. Well, after lots of folks had oil analysis done, the answer was, ‘yes, the OLM can be trusted’. So that’s what I’m gonna do with my RAM.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks guys,
As indicated in the service intervals, engine oil change is to be performed every 6 months or 25,000kms. As the truck is seldom used especially in winter, I never get close to the 25,000kms as 6 months comes quicker. In fact the last oil change I was only able to do 3,500kms. The previous owner did it every 5,000kms.

So now I have a pinion seal leak that seems easy enough to do based on numerous YouTube videos. Just haven’t seen one for my specific 2014 3500HD DRW 4.10 gear ratio.

The previous owner depended on his mechanic to perform the maintenance at the required intervals but I see no record of oil changes so I will do them all for piece of mind.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4X4 6.4L Hemi
74 Posts
Thursday I installed my Ram Man locking front hub kit. Today I got the S&B Cold air intake system installed

241 - 260 of 265 Posts