DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
:LOL: @ post counts

I drove over to the next town for burgers at my VFW
then i washed it at coin car wash
i did it 2 days ago at a hand wash, but my apartment manager decided to shake out his rugs from the upstairs landing yesterday

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Thursday i took it to the body shop & had the places where they did the paint blend along the roof line buffed out, they buffed out a couple of assorted scratches too, most were to deep, right into the paint

Today i went to the VFW in the next town & showed it off, i also showed off my auxiliary gas tank, pump & nozzle with flow meter. It is usually hidden by my soft tonneau cover, but that is off right now

I found out that on Monday, Veterans Day, the are going to close off the Main Street for a Car Show, normally vehicles must be PRE 1980

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I left town before the Mother Goose Parade crowd hit town
why does everyone come to my town & drag their kids along to see balloons & floats with a story book theme, my town goes from 100,000 people to over 400,000 people to watch horses poop on the street

http://elcajon100.com/mother-goose-parade/

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
My apartment manager decided that it was time to do the yard maintenance, & i had collected a passel of bugs on a trip across the desert, tonight it is suppose to sprinkle & that always makes a mess, a layer of heavy dust & a sprinkling of rain will do that.
So i took my Ram to a coin car wash & gave it a through exterior cleaning

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Back in August, i had an olive tree attack my tailgate, rear bumber, & soft tonneau cover
i replaced the tailgate & rear bumper about a month ago
I went to a auto upholstery shop that originally made the tonneau, they could not get the material, well it finally came in on monday, i had them repair the old one & make me a new one at the same time. i am not real happy with the new tonneau, it was not cut right.
So i decided to put on the repaired tonneau & maybe later get the new one trimmed properly.
I also had the shop put in fiberglass slats to help keep it from sagging when it rains,
The slats were put on using velcro, it rained today & it seems to have worked as planned

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Anything that keeps you rollin' is good

I am going to hang onto my '09 Ram, hopefully until i no longer want to work, my Ram is my money maker
When i decide to quit working, i am going retro, i will build another 1956 Chevy 3100 half ton

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I have not stepped outside of my place for 48 hours
the Ram is fending for itself
It is 30F here & i don't own a coat
i am not going outside, a have a good stash of COORS beer & groceries

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I just took my Ram to get a Full Service Car Wash

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I am preparing my Ram for the attack of the caterpillar & shortly after the Monarch Butterfly invasion

The caterpillars cover the highways, making stopping almost impossible, without skidding off the road
Then they become butterflies & you have to stop every mile to clean your windshield

a bit later in the year, the crickets are almost as bad

http://www.arkive.org/monarch-butterfly/danaus-plexippus/image-G55757.html

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I only stared at my Ram
Thinking if i was not so fat, i would slide under it & tighten up my Nerf Bars
then i started drinking beer & forgot about it

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
i had my spark plugs installed by the dealership, i bought the proper NGK plugs from Rockauto, the dealership charged me $220 just to install them

I went into the dealership because the rear differential started howling,
I have a feeling that it started when the Tech replaced the leaking pinion seal in early July, then once again in early September, well yesterday the same Tech had to rebuild the rear differential, i am wondering how long his fix will last this time :(
I was not charged for the repair, mainly because my Ram has a Factory Lifetime Drive Train Warranty
Secondly i would not pay for a Techs mistake, even if i would probably have to go to a mediator

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I thought that i had made a good purchase by getting the DODGE truck rubber floor mats
less then two years later, i have worn a hole in the drivers side mat, right where my right heel rests most of the time

Trying to decide between Weathertech or Husky mats now

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I took my '09 to the best alignment shop in the area & told them that i wanted shocks & to check the brakes
I have 99,600 miles on the OEM originals

I mentioned Bilstein 5100 shocks & i was told that i needed 4600 shocks & that they are back ordered until maybe February

One of the techs glanced at the brakes through the wheel spokes & said that they are due
I was then told that they would only install brake pads that were the same as OEM material as original & that he believes that they may be Ceramic pads & that he uses a brake component company that i never heard of. He uses them for everything from old hot rods, desert trucks, & everything else including big trucks

Hopefully i will have new brakes on Tuesday, i may have to rethink the brand of shocks :(

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I just returned from getting my brake drums turned, my brake pads replaced, & 2 front shocks replaced
the rear shocks will be here within a week

I will be starting a thread of my own about everything done today, including pix

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
the only white stuff around here is usually in thin lines

I got lazy & have been driving my Ram with hardly any gas, stupid i know, I have gas in my auxiliary tank, maybe 20 gallons worth, just to lazy to open my soft cover & pump over

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I hope some people around Mississippi went out & bought something that can be used as a Hail Blanket

Can't do much about the tornados though

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
The other day i misjudged where the curb ended, i tore off the drivers side mud flap

I bought a semi truck mud flap & cut out a new mudflap, using the old one as a pattern
Then i realized that i had run out of screws & bolts to remount it

I then leaned on the truck & came away with a dirty arm
So today i took it to a DYI car wash

The screws, bolts & nuts will have to wait another day, i wanted a beer or 3

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I am stripping all of my work gear from the Ram
tomorrow it gets serviced & tires rotated
& then a wash & wax

Going on vacation for a month or so

in about 10 days it will look more like this

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I am about to open the hood & replace the air cleaner & pull off the hoses for my Catch Can temporarily, the OEM smog hose has to be on to pass my Smog Emissions Test due this month
I have had the Ram since new & i have had it for 5 years & about 355 days, first Emissions Test

Another name for the Catch Can setup is an Oil Separator & Filter
some States allow this modification & it will pass the Visual Inspection
California does not allow the modification unfortunately

Low & Behold, my engine cover is missing !!!!!
The dealership is the only persons that have opened my hood since i had 43,000 miles on the Ram
Guess where i will be when the Service Dept. opens

1 - 20 of 157 Posts