DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Rotated tires, set tire pressures to 37psi., torqued lugs to 130ft-lbs. and set spare tire pressure to 40psi. I have big respect for all of you DIY'ers! We would make my Pops, GrandPops, and Great GrandPops all proud God bless their souls. Hahaha!
:goodpost7td: Yes it would, :smileup:

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
^^^ Nice wax job...it's so cold here that I'm just not doing it. I did it a month ago in a hurry during the one nice day but I can't wait to get out and truly detail the truck. The Virginia house is one car garage...it's not happening in that thing. When I get back to Texas, we have a man size two car garage...a waxing heaven :)

Here's the pics of the new tires and short antenna. I wrapped in black tape to subdue it a bit, I kind of like it that way.

285/65/20 BFGs for those interested. No rub and I do have the Mopar 2" lift kit, not level kit, hence the factory stance but taller.
^^^^ Nice Ram as well :smileup: Looks like you did the same thing with the factory flares that I did! Are you happy with them ? Here is a better shot of my flares.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Thanks, nice photo and location ^^^^

Flares - Mine are different, they are off a 2500 series truck so the flare end goes slightly past the light. Another forum member with a gunmetal color had shown me. Perfect look and I got them off eBay prepainted to my color code. OEM Mopar Ram 2500 flares.
Thanks :smileup: Yes on closer inspection I can see they are different flares but yes on the black these flares work great. Like those stripes BTW.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Are your calipers painted? They stand out, I like it...spray or brush or powder coat?
Yes sir, I painted them and also put some decals on them. I used high temp calliper paint and brushed it on, only issue is I Have to keep touching them up. Here is a close up pic, you can also see my valve caps.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Did you order online or local in Toronto? My '13 Sport doesn't come with them and I think it adds a great touch. Would need them sprayed to colour match though but I don't think that'll run too much.
I got them from my dealer (Islington Chrysler) and had them colour matched by my neighbour who manages a local body shop. Cost me ~ $300 to get them painted and I did the installation myself.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Well, the pics turned out ok. Can't see all the crap because it was all past the front wheel wells. !!
Thanks for those great shots :smileup: I can only imagine how dirty your Ram got looking at those roads. :doh:

Beautiful truck you have there.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Can't find a blank shield for the front grille badge that fits the 2013 to be able to make what I want to make. (AMI part #40402 says it fits but it doesn't. The new badges are dog-eared at the top)

In the interim, I hit my front badge with 4 coats of VHT night shades and 3 coats of clear. I like it and may end up just ditching my plans for the custom badge I was making. The night shades black the whole thing out but still leave it looking metallic where it was previously chrome.

^^^^ that looks really good, did you prep the badge in any way prior to spraying? Think I will be doing the same real soon :smileup:

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Looks good ransram I like the look of painted caliper makes it look cleaner and the red sets off the black nicely.. I had a black Dakota RT and did the same with the red calipers good job
Thanks Dodgeboy360, I do have to touch them up every spring and fall to keep them looking good but it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts