DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 7380 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Made plans to get the grille repainted, and plans for the rest of the truck as far as aesthetics are concerned. Pics up later this week/early next week!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
John, that looks good! I havent done anything with mine for 2 days. It has just been sitting in the parking lot bored!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Put a coat of black Tremclad on the rear diff and axle housing and gave the truck a good was since the weather was beautiful today.

Also used it to jump start this.

·
Premium Member
32,662 Posts
Thursday i took it to the body shop & had the places where they did the paint blend along the roof line buffed out, they buffed out a couple of assorted scratches too, most were to deep, right into the paint

Today i went to the VFW in the next town & showed it off, i also showed off my auxiliary gas tank, pump & nozzle with flow meter. It is usually hidden by my soft tonneau cover, but that is off right now

I found out that on Monday, Veterans Day, the are going to close off the Main Street for a Car Show, normally vehicles must be PRE 1980

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had Y-pipe and magnaflow 14" installed along with resonator delete and magnaflow tip. Love the sound of the magnaflow!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I replaced the e-brake lining. The lining had come off the one of the shoes. After that I replaced the front brake pads. I rotated the tires and checked the air pressure. Then I resurfaced the composite headlights on my wife's 99 Grand Cherokee so they light the road up better at night. Got it all done and had enough time to put about a hundred miles on my motorcycle before dark.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I haven't driven my truck since Friday. I am at a 1/4 of a tank and need it to last til atleast Wednesday.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was holding a corrugated cardboard box next to the truck, turned and put a nice 10" scuff along the driver side bed panel. Wiped a lot of it off, took out some wax, and most of it buffed away. Thank God. I really do not want to paint anything yet. Truck is 7 months old and has only 3,200 miles on it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rear electric tailgate lock!

I installed the electric tailgate lock and wired it up this weekend!!!! It works great, now I need to order my cover!! Also my Bilstein 5100 came in on Friday and hope to get them on this week!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I drove my Ram forward a few feet so I could get my Charger out of the garage.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I installed the electric tailgate lock and wired it up this weekend!!!!
I still need to get this. I have the lock for my cap so the wires are already run I would just need to tap into them for the remote tailgate lock. Damn $100 for the lock mechanism and wiring. I don't need the wiring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I install my Bilstein 5100 front and rear, set them at 2.1. My truck has 40,000 miles and both shocks were bad, one was leaking pretty good and the other just started too, I didnt think they should be bad already. Great quality :smileup: I have to get it aligned sometime this week.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Those Bilsteins can be used for leveling right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Those Bilsteins can be used for leveling right?
Yes you can, I have mine set at the 2.1 and I have to get an alignment to see what the height will be after it that is done. I think 5 different settings, the hightest seting is 2.8 and alot of people have 4x4 wobble that high, because of the angle of the axles. So I went with 2.1 to be safe.

21 - 40 of 7380 Posts