DODGE RAM FORUM banner

7221 - 7229 of 7229 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,812 Posts
I got my Bilstein 5100 struts installed on my Ram, today. They're set at 2.5", and level the truck out pretty well.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
took my truck in for some recalls. I stressed to them not to do the U07 update, so they didn’t. They did the U53, V44, and T25, but not the U61 that was needed. Apparently they can’t do the U61 without doing the U07 autopark update. I would rather do without the U61 update then have the U07 update done.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'll be curious to see if your mileage changes at all due to more windage under the truck and through the running gear.

I leveled 3 different trucks but I never drove them long enough prior to establish a baseline to compare to.

·
Registered
500 Posts
took my truck in for some recalls. I stressed to them not to do the U07 update, so they didn’t. They did the U53, V44, and T25, but not the U61 that was needed. Apparently they can’t do the U61 without doing the U07 autopark update. I would rather do without the U61 update then have the U07 update done.
Interesting. My dealer told me the same last time. I call bull$hit, they are two different modules and the U07 was around long before the U61.

-K

·
Registered
500 Posts
I got my Bilstein 5100 struts installed on my Ram, today. They're set at 2.5", and level the truck out pretty well.
How's the ride? I installed Bilstein 4600s on the rear of mine and had a local mechanic install them on the front (I lack the tools to do the fronts) last weekend. No change in height, but what a change in ride! When I did the rears, the OEM shocks were completely dead and the mechanic said the fronts weren't in much better shape. The truck has 66,000 miles on it (I bought it at 43,000) and as far as I can tell they had never been changed.

-K

·
Super Moderator
5,812 Posts
How's the ride? I installed Bilstein 4600s on the rear of mine and had a local mechanic install them on the front (I lack the tools to do the fronts) last weekend. No change in height, but what a change in ride! When I did the rears, the OEM shocks were completely dead and the mechanic said the fronts weren't in much better shape. The truck has 66,000 miles on it (I bought it at 43,000) and as far as I can tell they had never been changed.

-K
I have to say, it's a little stiffer in the front, but it's close to the stock ride. I'll give it a month to settle & let you know how it goes. I do like bringing the front end up, the truck feels better, to me.

·
Super Moderator
34,438 Posts
7221 - 7229 of 7229 Posts