DODGE RAM FORUM banner

7281 - 7300 of 7331 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I walked by it as we took the dogs out for a walk. Been a while since I last moved it as I have the car and not long distance requirements for to make starting the diesel up.

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
Rotated my tires in the garage because I can't go to Discount and have them do it due to this stupid shelter in place order.

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
You just rotated side to side didn’t you? 😂
No, crossed the rears over and moved them to the front, and moved the fronts straight back

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Do you lift the whole truck up or rejack 3 times? It’s a pain and I do it every other. 2 post lifts are becoming more affordable but can’t justify losing my upper level of the garage.

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
Do you lift the whole truck up or rejack 3 times? It’s a pain and I do it every other. 2 post lifts are becoming more affordable but can’t justify losing my upper level of the garage.
Put the rear axle on jackstands and did the fronts one at a time. I know you're not supposed to pull the wheels off with just the jack under the truck but for the 3 minutes it takes to put a new wheel on I figured I'd be fine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just installed the DZ43301 tailgate damper just like I did on my previous 4TH Gen Ram. To my surprise they changed the way the struts mounts on the tailgate. Instead of screwing the ball stud directly into the threaded insert the kit now has a bracket that fits over the bulge where the insert goes and the bracket is held by a countersunk screw.

A much better design where the threaded insert is not load bearing anymore, it just holds the bracket in place. The ball stud is also much stronger now since it is welded to the bracket.

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
Noticed the other day that my power lumbar wasn't working. It was where I wanted it, but I don't like having stuff that doesn't work, so after some consulting with the internet I ordered a new switch for $22 or so. Got it today, replaced it in about 15 minutes, and it's back to working now

·
Registered
2011 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Longhorn Laramie
19 Posts
I got rid of the stock exhaust (see pic), also installed tuner and a cold air intake. Thank you stimulus!
20200408_185644.jpg

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Ram 1500 Express ST | 5.7 Hemi | 6-speed Auto.Trans.| Crew Cab | 4WD
12 Posts
I installed TufTruck coil springs on the rear of my '13 Ram 1500. The last time I towed it was embarrassing how deep the Ram sagged with just a load of furniture. Yeah, it was a 24-foot box trailer full of furniture, but I can't abide with such squirrely handling and cheap looks. My '01 Silverado didn't behave like that.

Installing the new springs was a breeze. And, man, did they do the trick. I test-loaded the truck with the 24-foot box trailer loaded with a '66 Charger. I am very pleased with the results.

With the Charger in its hauling position, the Ram is level (36.375" average body height to fender wells, front and rear axles) and the trailer is level (15.125" clearance, front and rear). I was pleasantly shocked. Sure, you could move the car forward and change the balance, but I simply pulled it in and stopped where I usually do. Fantastic.

Keeping the rear axle off of the beaver tail slope puts the rear bumper about 2 feet from the rear ramp door. That'll do. Now we need some car shows to get underway . . . hoping to make it to Pigeon Forge in June.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I installed TufTruck coil springs on the rear of my '13 Ram 1500. The last time I towed it was embarrassing how deep the Ram sagged with just a load of furniture. Yeah, it was a 24-foot box trailer full of furniture, but I can't abide with such squirrely handling and cheap looks. My '01 Silverado didn't behave like that.

View attachment 132077

Installing the new springs was a breeze. And, man, did they do the trick. I test-loaded the truck with the 24-foot box trailer loaded with a '66 Charger. I am very pleased with the results.

View attachment 132078

With the Charger in its hauling position, the Ram is level (36.375" average body height to fender wells, front and rear axles) and the trailer is level (15.125" clearance, front and rear). I was pleasantly shocked. Sure, you could move the car forward and change the balance, but I simply pulled it in and stopped where I usually do. Fantastic.

View attachment 132079

Keeping the rear axle off of the beaver tail slope puts the rear bumper about 2 feet from the rear ramp door. That'll do. Now we need some car shows to get underway . . . hoping to make it to Pigeon Forge in June.
What model of springs did you use? I’ve got their 1223’s in my truck. They’re much better then the stock ones.

You trailer your car to shows? 😱 You could take it to Hot August Nights if things will allow it in August.

7281 - 7300 of 7331 Posts