Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,172 Posts
OUCH!

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab with 5.7L Hemi
29 Posts
Those pictures were taken after I washed the blood and guts off. I was going to post a picture of the deer but thought that some might not want to see that. She was pregnant with twins so I actually killed three deer. I guess I got a "three for one". LOL!

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab with 5.7L Hemi
29 Posts
OOOHHHH ouchie.. even some furr in the wheel !
Yep, I went to Discount Tire to have them remove the deer hair out from between the tire and the rim and ended up deciding it was time to replace my original tires. Since I like the OWL over black wall, my choices for higher quality 275/60/R20 tires was limited.

So to answer the question "what did you do to your Ram today", I purchased a set of Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kelvar tires and so far I love them.

Here are pictures of the "good side" of my "deer killing machine" with my new tires installed.

IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0108.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
So for what I did to mine today, I have continued tweaking the software with AlphaOBD.

Discovered I can get a mini climate control display on my RA2 and also that you should NOT enable any options for an amplifier with that system. It has a seizure.

Turned on daytime running lights using my blinkers (I have switchbacks and wanted to use the white color in front but havent found an option for the parking lights) and got the software enabled for a reverse camera. Now i just need the camera.

All in all I'm having fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I parked my 2012 Ram due to the dreaded HEMI TICK and #5 Misfire. I'm Making a complaint to NHTSA to help get our 5.7 Hemis fixed by Dodge and not out of pocket. Apparently, the lifters have needle bearings in the rollers on the end of them that wear out anywhere from 80K on. If this happens then the lifter will gouge your cam, then you'll have metal in your engine, which in turn can destroy your engine. If any of you have the Hemi Tick, go to the NHTSA.gov website and make your complaint to hopefully get a Recall. I for one don't want to shell out $4.500 because of the faulty lifter that RAM installed in our rigs. Thanx to all who make their complaints to the people who investigate and issue Recalls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chasing spontaneous highway downshift issue!!!!!
Man I really want get 300,000 out of my 2004 1500!!
245,000 miles and counting. Well not really counting until I get this fixed.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Got an oil change and a new st of Michelin Tires!

·
Registered
2018 1500 Sport
168 Posts
Ordered an S&B CAI.

·
Registered
2018 1500 Sport
168 Posts
Took it to the grocery store. Someone was kind enough to slam a shopping cart into driver's door. Left a small dent an two scratches down to the primer. Was parked all by itself next to the cart corral.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some further refinement. Using alphaobd I got my running lights switched to the high beams. Come to find out when you do that it uses PWM to make them about half intensity.

There are options to use a dedicated light (I need to find the wires, pretty sure I have the circuitry) and a few other combos but not the front parking light. Bummer.

Also found out I can enable a app mode on my RA2 but that I've only got 40mb of space on it, so I'm not sure I could load anything on it even if I found something cool.

Anyone find a matching set of canbus compatible interior lights for the crew cab? Mine work, but I keep finding a code about them being shorted to ground since I put in the Philip's ultinon LED's. Might explain why they dont come on sometimes when I unlock the rig.

·
Registered
2018 1500 Sport
168 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I dropped the Kicker substage kit in. 10" sub under driver side rear passenger seat in the well, powered by 200 watt amp. I wasnt going for blow me out of the water but the base system was way lacking. So all speakers have been replaced and power sub added. Much betterer.

Reactions: xXNickisXx
7321 - 7340 of 7381 Posts