DODGE RAM FORUM banner

7361 - 7380 of 7380 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Last night I found out my Outdoorsman has the 3.21 rear end instead of the 3.92 as I had originally thought. :( So with dreams of a larger camper gone, I decided to de-stress by giving her a wash and wax.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,421 Posts
What did the parts cost you by doing your self?
Everything was about $475 for the plugs and coils. I notice a big difference in the throttle response when I hit the gas. Idles very smooth too.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,421 Posts
Painted the frame and rear axle with POR semi gloss rust preventative. Had minor surface rust mostly on the frame weld joints. The rear axle had a small amount of light rust. Only thing I wish the drive shaft was aluminum I know its harmless but I hate looking at the surface rust all over it.

·
Registered
2018 1500 Sport
168 Posts
Drove from Jersey to Hilton Head Island. Hit a pothole just before getting out of Jersey. Threw the driver front toe out and steering wheel was not centered. Just slightly pulled left. Dropped off today here in HHI to a shop. Four wheel alignment. All better.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Put in a new grille with LEDs

Reactions: yosemitesam23

·
Registered
43 Posts
Washed it-added Rancho RS9000XL-added AirLift 5000-took for 40mile test ride.Ready to tow the gooseneck and haul 500LB compressed bails of O/A.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Haven’t been on here in awhile but the most recent things done to my truck is new tires Goodyear ultraterrains, new brakes (one caliper stuck so a new caliper too) and rotors and line x’d my side steps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A month ago.
Removed fiberglass bed cap tool box deal so I could replace entire back window. Or rather have safelite replace the glass.

While cap was off I loved driving my truck again. Found a bakflip g2 on craigslist for $300. Great deal fit perfect and Iike it. It is very heavy to fold up, but looks great. Not totally waterproof, but I think with.ittle tweaking i can get it tighter.

Today.
Replaced sumitomo encounter ht tores with some bridgestone dueler at revo 3.
Both LT 275/65/20.
At same time had oil changed and an alignment done. Finally replaced. The annoying dead tpms sensor too.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Ranch 9000 /outstanding addition;have then 20 years and counting on my work Ram
*Problem somewhat that these have the adjuster on side whereby my old ones had in front /back which are easier to reach & turn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I finished greasing the front wheel bearing on my 4x4. For those not aware you take the tire off, remove the caliper, remove the rotor and pull the abs sensor out of the hub location., cleaning all the way to avoid dirt entering the wheel bearing. With a rubber tip on your grease gun, add the grease thru the hole where the sensor was. As you add grease rotate the hub to spread the grease evenly. Doing this greasing of the hub bearing will extend the life of your wheel bearings. Most wheel bearings from the factory have very little grease.

While I was at the area I cleaned and greased the brake pad slides, which were seized in their slots. They move nice and free now.
That’s a job

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here. This will be my first post, I chose this thread.

Just installed a battery hold down bracket bought here 2009-2012 Mopar Battery Hold Down Bracket 04672497aa | Mopar Genuine Parts for my '12 Ram 1500. I made this move when I noticed that my battery has a play - a vibration when I'm starting the engine.

My mechanic taught me that if this thing continuously, it can stress the cable and it can shorten the life of my batt. Just sharing!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed a new Driver side interior door handle cable that broke on me over the weekend. Wire brushed some surface rust off the frame and differential cover, hand sanded it with 400 grit sand paper, cleaned it, covered it with rust converter and will paint over it tomorrow with some Rustoleum auto enamel.

7361 - 7380 of 7380 Posts