DODGE RAM FORUM banner

401 - 420 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I have owned 2 vehicles before my 2010 Ram 1500 I bought in 2017. My first car was a 1991 Honda Accord then in 2013 I had a 2002 Ford Expedition with the small 4.6 V8. As soon as I got into my 2010 Ram 1500 with the 5.7.....boy was I the happiest man! Good Deal on it, low miles, was a commercial truck for business and all highway miles driven by an elderly man. I am thankful for my 4x4.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had many vehicles over the years, but let's just talk trucks. Started with a 1987 Mazda B2000, then an 87 Nissan 4x4 extended cab, a 1999 Dodge Ram, a 2002 Dodge Ram 4x4 sport, an 04 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4, a 2011 Chevy Silverado, and now my 2016 Ram 4x4 Big Horn. Favorites are all of the Dodge Rams. Look great, drive great... love them.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
First to last (don't worry- most of you don't even know what it is- grew up in Europe):

78 VW Polo 1.0
75 Ford Capri 2.3L V6 (like US Ford Caprice)
75 Ford Taunus 1.6L
80 Ford Taunus 2.0L V6
87 Ford Sierra 2.3L Diesel (like Fusion- because of diesel worst car I ever had)
89 Ford Scorpio 2.0L (like Taurus)
91 Ford Sierra 2.0L (survived 3 months- drunk driver hit me)
91 Opel Omega 2.0L (after 6 month I quit repairing, pressurewashed it and sold it)
93 VW Passat 2.0L (most boring vehicle I ever owned)
93 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L (I know what some say- but I loved it)
75 BMW 2002 tii (a rocket!!!!)
79 Opel Kadett ( can't break it- drove the engine tight twice- still was running)
87 VW Golf 1.6L (it drove....but that's about it)
79 Opel Kadett (rust...rust...rust...gone...- can't even count the tons of repair-pieces I welded in)
95 Opel Kadett (the never running one- gave up and kicked it to the curb)
97 VW Transporter 2.5 Diesel (no joke- I drove it with salad oil from Aldi)
98 Ford Sierra 1.6L (needed something to drive)
97 VW Golf 1.6L (same- just a runnaround thing)
79 Lincoln Town Car 5.0 (loved that sucker- got destroyed by a bus)
86 Jeep Cherokee 4.0
94 BMW 540i ( another one I loved- got destroyed by a Nissan Armada)
74 GMC Sierra Grande 350 (should've kept it as yard truck- it was awesome!)
2006 Charger 3.5L (That's where I started loving cars again)
2007 Dodge RAM 1500 4.7L ( my first truck- loved it)
2014 Charger 3.6L (my wife's)
2014 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Hemi (my current one)

I know- the vehicle looking cheesy, but see it this way- I'm a mechanic and I bought them cheap, fixed them up while I was driving and sold them with a little extra into my pocket....to pay for my somewhat expensive hobby. Until I quit riding bikes, I didn't care much for cars.

And there was several bikes....nothing special- except the last two- but that was not the question...
Why did you quit riding bikes?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Before this Ram I owned a 1999 F150. The ram has more power, but so does all the newer trucks. The F150 was sturdier and seems a better work truck as the Ram seems more like it was built to be a car with a bed on it.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Why did you quit riding bikes?
I quit riding bikes as I moved to the US in 2007.
My last bike was a 1994 FZR 1000 (don't let the age fool you).
1070 ccm cylinder upgrade, 6-speed transmission from the 750, shorter and wider swing arm from the 750, nice upside down front shocks with WP progressive springs, rear twin action oehlins dual shocks (gas and oil), adjustable height with some illegal bones (I had it higher when I was at the race track), Scott oiler, free floating brembo brakes front with 4-piston calipers from the 0W01 (enthusiasts will know), Ceramic brakes, ceramic race clutch with aluminum cage (the normal clutch was not capable to handle the torque and slipped a lot while upshifting without pressing the clutch), custom made foot armatures (buddy of mine made them), Eagle Mach 1 race exhaust with EXUP delete, dynojet stage 2, Full set of Armin- Schwarz Bearings (The guy supporting YAMAHA Race team and the first bike having the bearings in was the OW01). The set was transmission, motor, piston, rod, swingarm and wheel bearings- was alone ~$4000, and some other minor things- total value of the upgrades was about $25000. I had measured 164hp at the rear wheel and max speed with original sprockets was about 283 km/ph (real- not per speedometer)- measured at Hockenheim Ring finish lane, 0-60 with short sprockets close to 2 seconds.
I kinda loved the bike, especially because it had carburetors- if you ever felt the difference, you know, why I prefer carburetors over injection on a bike. One of the big reasons is, that the newer bikes reduce electronically the power, as they would simply start spinning the rear wheel- problem- you as rider have no influence on this- and what I noticed- it makes you slow out of the curves ;-)

The reason I had to sell it (I basically gave it away, because I had only one month to get rid of everything), I called SC DOT and they told me some horror stories about emission and conformity papers, which would had been a tremendous runaround and lots of cost- just the emission conformity papers would had been already $2500. It was simply too expensive.
As I came here and it was already too late, I've seen, what's driving around here and my first thought was: yeah- emissions are your concern... My bike was adjusted with o2 sensors and all.
If I would had known, what I know today, I would had brought it here, would had bought a US- Frame and simply installed my bike in it.
I don't know why, but I never bought another bike.
Right now, after buying some land and building a house, still not finished, I would not have the money for it- as I always started to improve the "situation" with some expensive upgrades.
I miss it, though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 2005 Ford E-150 conversion van that had 160,000 miles on it and it still ran good but the tranny started leaking so it was time for a new truck and I traded it in on a 2013 Ram.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Traded a 2017 Ford F-150 Limited in. 2 1/2” level kit and 305/ 65 R18 BFG KO2s on Fuel Mavick wheels

·
Registered
756 Posts
Oh man, just truck wise there have been more than I realized. Had a 78 or so GMC 3/4 crew cab long box, 90 Ford F 150 club cab with 300 6cyl (great truck) Then I think a 98 Dakota with 318. Moved from that to a 97 1500 Dodge short box, but didnt like the way it pulled my race car trailer so it went pretty shortly and I got a 96 Dodge 2500 diesel stick. Just recently I bought the 2012 2500 Ram I have now. Funny I did realize until I thought about it I have had a bunch of Dodge products in the truck line as we still have the 02 Durango we have drove for like 15 years and last spring bought a 2011 Durango from a friend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Way to many cars and motorcycles to list but the trucks I have had are 1976 Chevy Van, 1978 Ford F150 Super cab didn't keep that truck long it had a lot of carburetor problems, 1978 Dodge Little Red Express (I loved that truck). Don't remember the year of the Chevy El Camino I had. 1997 Jeep CJ, 1988 Chevy pick up drove that until I bought a 1999 F150 4x4 drove that until I bought my 2015 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Laramie and that's what I am driving now. It only has almost 14,000 miles on it. I am retired so I only drive it during the winter or for pulling my trailers or if I am working around the house.The rest of the time I drive my car or motorcycle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a 2008 Tundra. I have to say it was/is a great and reliable truck. It just didn't have the creature comforts of my Ram.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 2006 Hummer H3, it was totaled a week before xmas. Before that I had a Dakota until the engine went up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m on my first Ram and just picked it up in November.
Before that I had:
-2013 F-150
-2007 F-150
-2002 Chev Silverado 1500
-1991 GMC Sierra 1500(diesel)
-1988 GMC Sierra 1500 was my first. Love the Ram so far! Switched from GM’s because of paint and electronics problems.every GM I had there were paint issues. Ford never really did me wrong,I just fell out of love with the look. When I first started driving pickups(all I’ve ever driven) I wanted to try each of the big three and I feel like I saved the best for last. ♥??

·
Registered
6 Posts
The truck came with stock 22 inch wheels. I originally was going to sell them on craigslist and get a 20 inch wheel with BF good rich KO2s like I had on the Ford. But once I got this truck I really like the wheels so BF good rich doesn’t make that tire in a 22 inch so I went with the NItto ridge grappler. They’re a crossover between the Terra grappler in the mud grappler. They have a really aggressive look but they’re still very quiet on the highway. The factory tire was a 285/45R 22. I was able to squeeze a 305/45R 22. They are only one inch bigger. The only rubbed on the Ram Mudflaps full lock in reverse. I only had to take 1“ x 1“ square out of the top inside corner on the front wheels. The Mopar mudflaps are a must have for a black truck. It keeps it so much cleaner

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have had lots of cars over the years starting out with a 1955 Chev 4 door sedan 6 cyl standard 3 speed which I had for less than a year before getting a new 1966 Ford Mustang 289 V-8 3 speed standard on the floor bought new for $2,350 kept until 1970. Have not had many trucks first was 1977 Chev single cab 6 cyl 3 speed standard basic work truck had only for about a year. Then no trucks until I bought a 2005 Toyota Tundra single cab 4.0 V-6 then a 2008 Toyota Tundra double cab SR5 5.7L then my current 2013 Ram which I bought new in August of 2013.

401 - 420 of 446 Posts