DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2011 Ram yesterday advertised as a Laramie. I am not too sure now that is what it is. Here is a pic...

As for the interior, it has heated and ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, 430 radio (No NAV), large center console with console shifter, factory trailer brake controller.

Do you think this is a loaded out Sport or a Laramie. All of the pics of Laramies I Have seen have the chrome lower front bumper. And my truck does not have that or the rear back-up sensors.

Either way I am happy with the truck, just would like to know what I have. :4-dontknow:

TIA for any input from the FNG to the Ram community! :smileup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
You have a Sport package with some of the goodies from a Laramie such as the heated and cooled leather seats. You are correct in that the Laramie has chrome bumpers and grill where as the Sports have color matched bumpers and grill and different rims. Sharp looking truck either way. Biggest thing that matters is that you are happy though.

·
Registered
738 Posts
see that is odd, here in canada, the sport package we offer is the same as what you posted in your pic, now if you buy the premium edition you get the back up sensors, nav radio etc etc. The Laramies are also badge as a "Laramie", and the big horn editions have the chrome bumpers.

I'd be looking at your invoice, and what you can do is ask the dealer for a reprint of the window sticker, this should show you what the vehicle actually is. If the dealer sold you a laramie, I'd be pissed if they gave you a sport!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks to be a loaded up Big Horn Package to me. But I don't know the available options enough to know if the Laramie was available with painted bumper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was used when I bought it and now the website for the dealer only lists it as a 4x4 crew cab. Either way I got a good deal I think and am happy with the truck. I would rather have the Sport appearance anyway!

·
Registered
738 Posts
it's a sport for sure, with the options you listed. But I'd be a bit po'd if they made you pay a laramie price than a sport price. The sports are awesome, I have one, but the laramie has the chrome bumpers, the 2 tone paint, and a premium leather upholstery.

Nice truck regardless though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks to be a sport to me... I think the new Laramie Longhorn has painted bumpers, but that would be a '12 I think. Like said before, I think the Laramie has different wheels.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You have a sport I have the same truck with Same looks etc and I have a sport.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
You can easily find out what you have, you will need your mileage & the VIN #

call this number & request a BUILD SHEET

Contact Us by Telephone
1-866-726-4636 (1-866-RAMINFO)
M-F 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET
SAT/SUN 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You can easily find out what you have, you will need your mileage & the VIN #

call this number & request a BUILD SHEET

Contact Us by Telephone
1-866-726-4636 (1-866-RAMINFO)
M-F 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET
SAT/SUN 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
Great info GTyankee !!

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
my 04.5 3500 was sport with the both laramie packages. in the end doesn't matter you have, looks like a great truck, just enjoy the smiles per mile.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Most definitely a sport with the premium sport package which comes with the leather heated/vented seats. Same as mine but I got the additional sport hood option.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You have a sport for sure. The color matched bumper that reaches up to the fenders is a unique feature of the sport. Sport has heated and cooled seats as an option. One of the biggest identifiers is the wheels. The 5 spoke's are standard on the sport. 6 Spoke come with the Laramie. Either way nice truck. I would think it would have auto climate control.

Does the Autotrader Ad make the truck look like its got a leveling kit?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys.

LeLk411 - I am still wondering if I have a leveling kit on it as well. It doesn't seem to have the rake like a lot of them do. Seems to sit pretty level now.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
WOW... Your truck looks great....Very nice.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts