DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I would like to know what do you guys think about this snorkel. Im thinking on purchasing it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really, its more for the looks and they are manufactured here with a very nice price

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I have a few problems with snorkels, unless you are actually going to use it.

1. You have to cut a hole in the fender...not cool.

2. They rob of HP (not much, but its noticeable).

3. I think they look funny LOL.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
was thinking on putting it because it just costs like $120 but I dont think so I will because was looking for opinions because I also fell that it looks a bit funny

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Biggest thing is, you really dont NEED it. Stock, our trucks can ford 30" of water at a crawl. Thats DEEP for a stock truck. I have had a water line to the middle of my tailgate and not stalled or hydrolocked...it really isnt nessecary on a 3rd or 4th gen Ram.

And if you lift it, you REALLY wouldnt need it. ;)

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Functional yes (if you need it). I think it looks a bit strange. Not to mention the permanent fender hole if you ever want to remove it or sell the truck...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ya, not feeling it so much, too overpowering. For snorkels, i honestly like a more "home-made" look to add to the ruggedness, at least if you plan to use it anyway...

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
What does "El Loco" think of it?

·
Registered
868 Posts
IMO snorkels good good on something with a BIG lift and BIG tires, otherwise it looks a little silly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I dig it and it helps that you live in South America. I say get it but you need some other mods to match it like some mud tires.

Go for it, it looks badarse.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
not for me, looks like it will get knocked off by the first obstacle it comes in contact with. if you like the look of snorkles check ARB.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Don't let anyone talk you out of it. I don't care for it, but if you like it, go for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts