1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Grabber with the raised red lettering, 35 12.50 17
http://www.tiresdirect.net/GENERAL_Grabber_35X12_50R17_12_P5929C940.cfm
Ultra Baron Wheels 17x9 +20 offset
http://www.hubcap-tire-wheel.com/Ul...oss-Black-Diamond-Cut-Custom-Wheels-Rims.html
I have a 2007 Ram 1500 4x4. I was looking at this leveling kit.
http://www.hellbentsteel.com/produc...-dodge-ram-1500-4x4-4wd-2-5-leveling-kit.html

Will this fit or am I going to run into problems. I'm already noticing a vibration under hard acceleration in 4wd hi. That could be because of worn tires and it needs an alignment though, loll. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A leveling kit will increase your vibrations a bit because of the angle of the CVs. But daily driving on my 35x12.50R18s with a ReadyLift 2.5" leveling kit and I don't have any problems whatsoever. I say go for it! Just make sure you have a negative offset. I have 4.5" backspace and -12mm offset and they just fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
my good friend ran the generals on his 150 and said the tires had a shake from 45-55 and then again at higher speeds. i was looking at them for the dodge but when he told me that i changed my mind.. he owns a tire shop so i listen to him when he tells me about tires..so ended up with terra grapplers, and couldnt be happier

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Definitely like that combo. I love those tires with the red letters. I wish they made them bigger then 35" so I could have had a set on my truck as well. Those rims look really good as well. Have you considered the Bilstein 5100 leveling kit? I ask because it will also make the ride a little better as well. So you kill 2 birds with one stone really, level and new shocks. Only problem with the 07 Ram is that you will probably have a vibration in 4x4 due to the leveling kit. So with upgrding to the 5100s they will help deal with the vibration. I had a spacer leveling kit then changed to the Bilsteins and the vibration was a bit better. I also lifted the rear of the truck with a set of blocks, so the front was a little higher then the 2" level.

The comment above bout the tires vibrating...wouldnt that be a balancing issue? Those tires are really well made and have a lot of hype behind them. They are supposed to be a really good tire. I never experienced them, I am just going off of what I have heard. I just never really heard that a tire caused a vibration, usually it is something else

·
Registered
70 Posts
i asked him if it was balance issue and he said no. he runs equal in all the tires he mounts.. i have that in my trail grapplers..run some super swamper tires if you want to feel a vibration/shimmy..i have ran LTB's,thornbirds, and SX's and they are pretty rough..but their radial tires are nice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A leveling kit will increase your vibrations a bit because of the angle of the CVs. But daily driving on my 35x12.50R18s with a ReadyLift 2.5" leveling kit and I don't have any problems whatsoever. I say go for it! Just make sure you have a negative offset. I have 4.5" backspace and -12mm offset and they just fit.
That looks sweet. I love the look, especially for the price. The problem is the wheels are definitely +20 offset. I can't pass up this deal, its too cheap. I have to figure out a way to make them work. Spacers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-DODGE-RAM...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cc1d0876

Definitely like that combo. I love those tires with the red letters. I wish they made them bigger then 35" so I could have had a set on my truck as well. Those rims look really good as well. Have you considered the Bilstein 5100 leveling kit? I ask because it will also make the ride a little better as well. So you kill 2 birds with one stone really, level and new shocks. Only problem with the 07 Ram is that you will probably have a vibration in 4x4 due to the leveling kit. So with upgrding to the 5100s they will help deal with the vibration. I had a spacer leveling kit then changed to the Bilsteins and the vibration was a bit better. I also lifted the rear of the truck with a set of blocks, so the front was a little higher then the 2" level.

The comment above bout the tires vibrating...wouldnt that be a balancing issue? Those tires are really well made and have a lot of hype behind them. They are supposed to be a really good tire. I never experienced them, I am just going off of what I have heard. I just never really heard that a tire caused a vibration, usually it is something else
I have looked at the bilsteins but wasn't sure if it was worth the money compared to just getting spacers. Whats the cheapest place to pick up a set with some 1.5" blocks and u bolts?

·
Registered
355 Posts
The tires you selected look great (definitely different) but they do "hum" pretty well. They also do great in a "baja" setting but not in thick sloppy mud like I'd imagine you'd run into in KY. I know they get plugged up very quickly here in AL in the clay, but if you're in mostly silt and "runnier" mud you should be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts