DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 5.2 extended cab 16in wheels 33's i think (275/65/16) magnaflow exhaust (just catback i think, had it when i bought it) regular fram air filter

I drive 60%highway/40%city and im averaging just about 13mpgs.

other than that its all stock.
any mpg mods?

any free mods in general for this truck that are useful?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have an 06 hemi ...and im getting about 14mpg right now in the winter...my avg usually floats around 15 i do mostly highway. You really have to reset it every time you want your reading. When i do this on the highway im normally floating around 18-20 then city is like 13. You have a CAI and exhaust those will help a little but the best way is watch your right foot.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
i have been getting 16 but i dont care about gas millage

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a '99 5.2 with 186,000 miles. Only had her a week so not sure on the average mileage but I did fill the tank completely and got around 400+ miles before she hit 8th of a tank and the orange fuel light came on. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 07 Ram was just purchased and I've now gone through my 2nd "official" tank.
During the first tank my calculation came out to 13.5 mpg doing mostly work commute at 70-75 mph over a 90 mile round trip.

On the second tank I tried to be very conscience of fuel economy and did the same commuting with Cruise Control locked in at 65 mph whenever possible.
That tank calculated out to be 14.7 mpg.

I'm thinking I will just drive the Hemi like a Hemi and fore go the 1 mpg that I save when going easy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow. i knew trucks were bad on gas,but not this bad. on my third tank and i think my fuel mileage should be a little better. i will keep you posted.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Not doing real well with mileage right now . I think with the cold temps , the extreme snow fall we've had , and the oxygenated fuel , it's killing me . Last time I checked was around 7.6 mpg .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just finished my 3rd tank today and i got 16.3 mpgs! awesome... i drive 60%highway and 40%city. :) i also use lucas fuel treatment, it says to put 3oz for every 10gallons and well half way through that bottle and looks like its helpin,... hopefully those numbers stay high:)

fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I am getting around 11MPG. I took my MDS off and I use my right foot a lot haha. I also have 33's and a CAI, Exhaust and programmer. I think I have to start calming down a bit and try to get that number higher haha

·
Banned
10,365 Posts
Well just filled up today, haven't driven it very much at all so its been awhile, but 19.2

I think I forgot to reset the trip meter

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have 2001 dodge ram 1500 sport 4wd with 5.9, i get about 10, but i drive pretty hard, like i mean i drive really fast, and i get to that speed reallly fast, when i drive moderately, i get about 12 or 13.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Logged my second fillup, Doing all round town stop and go, I just clocked a hair over 14.
The truck's a bone stock, from what I can tell, 97 2WD club cab 1500 with a 318 auto and just under 136,000mi on the clock.

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
I noticed there isn't an option for, REALLY STINKIN' BAD! But I love my truck and my mods aren't easy on the tank/wallet either! i just have to learn that not EVERYONE wants to race me to the next light! (Even the guy in the Kia Rio). Honestly, probably 12 city/ 14 hwy give or take 10 miles. :LOL:

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
After adding the tuner and CAI, went from between 16.8-17.3 all the way up to between 18.6-20.2.

I am pretty impressed how well the truck benefited from those.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts