DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What does it take to stop a Ram?

Tags
flood ram tough
3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  RAMpage 
#1 ·
I'm a new member here, and I joined 'cause this is a great site to see so many different, 100% awesome, custom Rams. I have a picture I'd like to share, to just show everyone exactly what it takes in order to stop a Ram. I see old 90s Fords, early 01-03 chevys, and cheap tundras slowly fail and die. I hear non-Ram-owners automatically diss the truck (primarily due to the fact that they cannot afford one).

We had a 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L V8 Magnum Quadcab. For ELEVEN years (*11*), we used that truck constantly. It had around 200,000+ miles on it, often towed an 8,000 lbs trailer (barely), and we worked it harshly. But it didn't take a heavy load to crack this truck. It didn't take constant usage. It didn't take climbing up mountains. It took this:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9559/floodp.png

A 5 foot flood of salt water... courtesy of the Gulf of Mexico. I took this picture when the flood was 3-4 ft. I should have stuck around for the finale... the 5 ft water carried the truck away, where it literally Rammed into a neighbor's front door. Even he managed to see the irony. That is what is so great about the Dodge Ram. It takes a 5 foot flood (of corrosive salt water) for 4 hours, and drifting across the backyard, into the street, and smacking a house to finally kill it. Nothing less. We got a new 05 Ram with the popular 5.7L Hemi, and at 5 years old, it still looks and works like new.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/49/floode.png

If you want something that will last you, get the truck whose only weakness is being submerged.

See less See more
#7 ·
:smileup::smileup::smileup: Sad but true...........great pic

#10 ·
Thanks, yeah it was pretty surreal. We wake up early one morning, see the hurricane blew some leaves and branches around. We go back to bed, wake up three hours later, and and see our backyard chairs floating down the street...

We loved that truck, and thouht it would last long enough for me to use it in high school (I was 15). But yeah, we did get a better truck out of it. The old Dodge could barely pull that 8,000 lbs trailer. The hemi ram tows the trailer like it's a radio flier.

#14 ·
Yeah, I gues it could've been worse... we could've gotten that ironic bite... or... you know... slam.

Heh, at least it didn't travel down the street and hit our neighbor-cop's house. Knowing him, we'd get a ticket for the truck semi-demolishing his living room...

#12 ·
Wow RAMpage, that is a sad picture as I, too, hate to see a Ram ruined, but if that's it's only weakness, we're all in good shape! The new HEMI Ram looks great also, so glad to hear there is a happy ending!!! :)

- Cajun :pepper:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.