DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought mine, it has an aftermarket stereo in it that is really nice (Fahrenheit 9inch display), but I think I'd rather have a factory stereo instead. I can't control from the steering wheel, which I miss with my 03. How many different kinds of stereo options were there for the 2010's, if any? Saw this and see the Alpine is in there with Uconnect. Does anyone know if that has Bluetooth capabilities?

And did they come with backup cameras? Mine has backup assist on it and it beeps when I get close, but did it have a backup camera as well? The stereo screen goes black when I back up.

One more side question: there's nothing identifying what kind of 1500 I have. No manual. Nothing on the paperwork other than a 1500. Not sure if the previous owner did a paint job on it, the bumpers and door handles are all the same color as the truck (which I love), the only thing chrome is the step bars. Just one or two Dodge Ram symbols and one 4x4 on the whole truck. Were the Laramie's the only 5.7's with 4x4? Has leather interior with cloth on the inner part of the seats.

Thanks, fellas.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Just bought mine, it has an aftermarket stereo in it that is really nice (Fahrenheit 9inch display), but I think I'd rather have a factory stereo instead. I can't control from the steering wheel, which I miss with my 03. How many different kinds of stereo options were there for the 2010's, if any? Saw this and see the Alpine is in there with Uconnect. Does anyone know if that has Bluetooth capabilities?

And did they come with backup cameras? Mine has backup assist on it and it beeps when I get close, but did it have a backup camera as well? The stereo screen goes black when I back up.

One more side question: there's nothing identifying what kind of 1500 I have. No manual. Nothing on the paperwork other than a 1500. Not sure if the previous owner did a paint job on it, the bumpers and door handles are all the same color as the truck (which I love), the only thing chrome is the step bars. Just one or two Dodge Ram symbols and one 4x4 on the whole truck. Were the Laramie's the only 5.7's with 4x4? Has leather interior with cloth on the inner part of the seats.

Thanks, fellas.
Sounds to me like you have the Sport edition. Pics?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Any of these radios can be used in your Ram and any touch screen can be used with a back up camera. I would suggest you get an RBZ or RHB, but any Mygig is good as long as it is a high speed can bus radio. They are pretty much plug and play. The RBZ and RHB are the latest version and last version. These two can be updated to the black screen which accents the dash display with similar colors and it also has performance updates with version 50.

https://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/rbz/

·
Registered
33 Posts
How would one go about updating the RBZ to the black screen shown? I have the RBZ in my '10 and it has the blue accent display

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi ,, dont mean too hijack the thread but i have a 2010 dodge ram with the RES and would like too upgrade it too the RBZ ( can purchase at auto wreckers) but was told it would not work in my truck cause the computer will think its a stolen unit,, is this true,,, the RES i have in it right now doesnt have the Uconnect kit.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
These are the Mygig radios available in 2009 - 2012 Ram trucks
All of them had the HIGH speed CanBus
Low speed radios will NOT work in 2009 & newer Rams

Most times the Security Key is 1234

RES 130, didn't have bluetooth
RES 130s, could have bluetooth IF it had a special bluetooth module, unlike the other bluetooth modules found in the Rams, the 130s had a phone hard key on the face of the radio

RBZ 430, 2010-2016 MyGIG 430 Non-Navigation, bluetooth module needed, a few Rams came with the REN 430, but they were quickly phased out
2012 models began requiring an antitheft code to operate in a donor vehicle. 2013+ models introduced a darker background designed to reduce eye strain.

RHB 430N, 2011-2016 MyGIG 430N Navigation, bluetooth module needed

RER 730N Navigation, 2009 & 2010 ... had built in bluetooth, no module needed
RHR 730N Navigation, 2011-2016 ... had bluetooth built in, no module needed

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
You have not given any information

What year is your Ram ?
Is that radio installed in your Ram & working except for bluetooth?

Did that radio come in your Ram or any of these ?

VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY

2008-2016 Chrysler Town & Country
2011-2013 Dodge Durango
2008-2018 Dodge Grand Caravan
2008-2010 Dodge Journey
2007-2011 Dodge Nitro
2009-2012 Ram 1500
2010-2012 Ram 2500
2010-2012 Ram 3500
2012-2016 Ram C/V
2011-2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2008-2012 Jeep Liberty
2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK

It does use an External Bluetooth Module
On Rams it can usually be located in the Kick Panel by the passenger side door

look at this site
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/ren-430-mygig-touchscreen-radio-high

After entering your vehicles information on that site
Click on Radio Accessories & More
then click on Bluetooth kits

Now while you are in sticker shock from seeing the price of $350+
consider the extra cost of the dealership flashing your vehicles computer to make it work, or the purchase of the OBD Genie to do it yourself
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before going any further
check out the Crutchfield website
enter your vehicles info, then check out the after market radios that fit your vehicle

For about what it costs for a brand new radio, compare that price against the cost of the Bluetooth module & getting it activated

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive been wondering about doing a swap of radios with a newer Ram thats been junked. Really the only reason is because the radio my Ram (2010) has will not play music through bluetooth but for whatever reason I can play phone call audio (Uconnect) and its strange but when I play a snapchat video from my phone it will cut out the radio audio like its a phone call and play the audio from the phone (uconnect).

If all this is possible with bluetooth with my current setup how come there is not an option for bluetooth audio? In the media options there is Aux/HDD/CD but no bluetooth

My Ram is 2010 and has the full luxury setup. Radio is the RER and has Uconnect/Navigation. Real surprised that in 2010 there is no way to play bluetooth audio while having bluetooth in the vehicle. I might just be missing something though.

If its not possible with this radio what other options are there?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2010 RER does not support bluetooth audio. I'm not going to get into the aftermarket option, but if you wanted to stick with the factory setup, you'd need an RHR out of 2011 or 2012 for a direct swap. Another option is an RBZ, (no nav), or RHB, (w nav), but you would also need the external uconnect module and wiring kit (for a 2011-2012), it is not built-in on those radios like it is with the RER\RHR.

Edit: Forgot to add that you'll also need to replace the roof antennae with one from a 2011 -12 which does both satellite and GPS.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I may be able to help there, I have an RHR I was going to list on ebay, I bid on two for my son's truck and surprisingly won both of them. If you're interested, I'll post it up in the for sale section this weekend to keep the mods happy, and you can have first shot at it.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
Your Ram will only work with High Speed Canbus Radio

The High Speed radios only came in Ram 1500, years 2009 - '12, & 2010 - '13 Heavy Duty Rams, & the fancy Jeep vehicles
They never put the High Speed Canbus radios into any Chrysler built car

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts