BP mostly, but anything that is from the U.S.!!! Why give your money to other countries for their oil? I found this online, "the US is only supplying 33% of its crude oil consumption needs through domestic production. The other 67% of our consumption is supplied by importing crude."
I dont understand why we as Americans do this.
I said exon but truth be told the gas around here is supplied ny Marathon Oil out of the refinery located in Ashland KY. I guess I am going to believe the stories that everyone adds their own additaves.
Basically, all companies start with the same base mix and add their own little dash of chemicals to create a difference between the brands.
Gasoline is delivered to local mixing tanks through a central nationwide pipe network, so the gas you fill up on at 7-11 is likely from the same pipe as the Chevron across the street, but you get the advantage of Chrevron's engine cleaning agents whereas the cheaper fuel at 7-11 may have the state-minimum of everything.
I find it interesting that Dodge, Chevrolet, and Ford all use Chevron gasoline when testing new vehicles for emissions regulations
The quality of gasoline and the additive package usually affect the rate of engine wear more than the octane rating. Basically what this means is that it matters more where you buy your gas than which grade you purchase. This question is hard to compare because different companies add different things to the gas, these things also work in different ways on motors. The second thing is that even in the same gas chain stations you can see difference in the components of gas and this some times occur for the simple reason that the gas is supplied by different factories making the gas a bit different.
Most oil companies use deposit control additives in their gasoline that do an adequate job in the engine's intake system, but many of these additives contribute to combustion chamber deposits. Excessive combustion chamber deposits can cause an engine to need a higher octane gasoline to avoid knock and run-on, or loss in performance. These excessive deposits can also cause higher emissions of nitrogen oxides. In contrast, Chevron's deposit control additive, Techron, provides intake system deposit control performance superior to many other additives, plus avoids contribution to harmful combustion chamber deposits.
My issue is we have NO Chevron stations where I live, I would most likely change brands if they did.
x2. I use Shell almost exclusively because 1. of reading about the top tier fuels thing.
2. it is right around the corner from my house
3. Shell/Pennzoil is partnered with Dodge in NASCAR - I also use Pennzoil Ultra oil in both my Mopars
After that it would be BP because I get 5% back on fuel purchases from them. Then I guess after all I have read in this thread - Chevron. Although, I might start using Chevron more if they really are the best with their Techron additive
I said others because I use any gas. If you don't know (at least around here) all gas comes from the same place (central florida pipeline). The only difference is the amount and type of additives that each company puts it (chevron has techron, bp has something else, etc...).
I just make it a point to try not to consistently fill up with "bargain" gas, like walmart or costco brand.