DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my transmission rebuilt, and my mechanic was telling me some things he recommends me to change. Most are for items I had already ordered replacement parts for i.e. ball joints and tie rods.

However he also wrote down "JOKE", which as we all know is pronounced "Yoke" in spanish :doh: ja-ja

Well, I have found two jokes, I mean Yokes, thanks to the awesome database at rock auto:

YOKE,Prop Shaft -; FLANGE YOKE; w/4WD
and
4WD; Front Shaft; H Yoke

Is there one that is common to have replaced?

Thanks

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
Maybe this'll help. It's called a yolk: Y-O-L-K. Pronounced yoke and that's no joke.

It's what the universal (or unibersal in Spanish) joint bolts to.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My sense of humor is really going south, I gave myself a headache laughing, Got any jawlapenoes on your nachos? Hey if they won't speak like a yankee in the US, I won't speak no espaniol here, either. I would guess you need micro sleeves on your output yokes on the transfer case, cuz the seal has worn itself into the sealing surface of the yokes. they are cheap. yokes, by spicer, I would imagine, are expensive, we pick our poisons, Anyhow, if the transfer case yokes are worn from the seals, you oughtta look into the one on the pinion on the rearend... to put on microsleeves, heat the sleeve, and freeze the yoke. a machine shop should have microsleeves

1 - 4 of 4 Posts