DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example the glass cleaner 'Stoners Invisible Glass' comes in a spray-bottle and also in a can that foams when you spray it on your windows..

And some tire shine products, same exact product except one is spray and one is foam.. what's the difference?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
A spray is like a bottle of windex, it's liquid, hits the surface and then you wipe it off. The foam are more like insulating expansion foam, you spray it on and it creates a thick foam which then evaporates or you rinse it off.

I didlike foaming tire treatments because they lift the dirt off and then it runs away, but most leave behind a residue that tends to turn brown over time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what about the foam vs spray bottle of "invisible glass".. you've gotta do the same exact steps with the foam as you would do with the spray bottle to get your windows clean.. same exact price too.. what gives?

Also, didn't know that about the brown residue on the tires with foam-cleaner stuff.. I usually use black magic tire foam and recently say they have the same exact stuff for tires except it's a spray.. might try that but I haven't had a reason to change yet

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I can't comment on the invisible glass, I've only used the liquid spray bottle stuff, but I've seen the foaming can. I just never see a reason to use an aerosol when there's a pump spray available. There is better control with a spray bottle, and when it's low, you can unscrew the top and pour it on a cloth.

·
Banned
5,797 Posts
Guys, trust me on this. 3M spray foam glass cleaner is the best thing you could ever use on your glass. ABSOLUTELY NO STREAKS!! Takes off most anything with 2-3 firm wipes. Stubborn water spots? Don't rub until your hand falls off, just re-spray on area and let sit for half a minute, wipe off and DONE! (Just a disclaimer: I do keep my glass very clean always. I never let it get to the point where you can see where the wipers sweep the windshield and the rest has a dirty film on it.)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
a plus for the foaming cleaners is the ability to stay where you spray. you have more control if spraying on a surface like a windshield.

when i use a foam cleaner i spray on the part to be cleaned, a spray cleaner, on my microfiber first then wipe the part to be cleaned.

·
Registered
420 Posts
A product that foams has an increased ability to cling. Even products that are in trigger sprayers can have foaming attachments that allow it to "stick" better. For example, all purpose cleaners work well in foaming sprayers as it allows the cleaner to work longer because it stays on the surface longer.

The same principle applies with foam-guns, which lay a thick layer of foam onto the surface which allows the chemical action of the soap to work before mechanical action [washing] is used.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stoners invisible glass has been the best product i have found to clean glass. I hate to see smudges, lint,dust and whatever on my windows. I just use papertowels or micro fiber towels. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
A product that foams has an increased ability to cling. Even products that are in trigger sprayers can have foaming attachments that allow it to "stick" better. For example, all purpose cleaners work well in foaming sprayers as it allows the cleaner to work longer because it stays on the surface longer.

The same principle applies with foam-guns, which lay a thick layer of foam onto the surface which allows the chemical action of the soap to work before mechanical action [washing] is used.
You nailed it. Foaming sprayers were brought onto the market for this very reason, and they all work really well with areas you want the cleaner to sit-n-soak as well as areas that, due to the angle, the product will drip.

Foaming sprayers on windows are a perfect example as once it's sprayed, it gives you more time prior to wiping. Try doing that with a non-foaming sprayer and, if you're not on the ball, you'll be wiping the rubber seal below the window as that's where all your cleaner will end up.

Foaming tire shine is another great example, though I'm not a fan of them.

Pretty much all Stoner's products are very good and work as advertised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts