DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the window stickers on a few 2012 RAM 1500 Sport models.
A few had the engine listed as HEMI(R) and a few just said HEMI.

Whats the difference?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure, I cant find anything in any of my web searches either. I guarantee a salesman wont know. They cant ever seem to answer many of my questions. The doofus that sold me my truck couldnt even tell me how I knew if the ECO feature was on.....my truck doesnt have the high end gauges. Of course I figured it out myself driving it home..LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much.. Its more than likely exactly the same as the other engines. Dodge wouldn't change the HP or something major like that without letting everybody know.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, little things that manufactures do differntly from car to car like that facinate me. If it is something a little different, I'd love to know what it stands for...if anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody....my 1st post here - still debating on getting rid of my 2002 cummins 2500 for a new ram sport....lol

I would say the (R) is registered trademark because it also follows Bluetooth, Uconnect, Parksense, Alpine on the window sticker.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Im willing to bet its the registered trademark symbol, its after all of the registerd things that dodge owns, parksence, the alpine, Uconnect...

Damn not fast enough^

·
Registered
86 Posts
HEMI(R)

Is a 5.7 ltr 550 HP Super Charged (R)acing motor that does not exist nor will ever :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts