DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed yesterday this black plastic square glued to the top of my Dodge Ram. I never noticed it before. What is it? I am actually paranoid that it is some sort of GPS device since I have a crazy ex tjat just got out of jail.
I added a photo of what it looks like!
Any info would be awesome!
Thanks so much!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,072 Posts
Just to let you know, I moved your thread to another area of the forum. It should get more attention there & more answers. I believe that is a "blank off plate", if you don't have the SIRIUS/GPS radio system in your Ram.

NOTE: I stand corrected. Don't have much experience in the older Rams. Thanks @Thunderhorse for setting me straight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How long have you owned this 2009 RAM? As others have said it is part of the entertainment system antenna, whether you have it or not the antenna is there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
From what I've read, the shark fin antenna is for uConnect. The puck style in 2009 and 2010 was XM only, 2011+ was both XM and GPS

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
That's the satellite antenna. They didn't start using the shark fin antennas until 2013 with the new version of Uconnect with app availability.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I just noticed yesterday this black plastic square glued to the top of my Dodge Ram. I never noticed it before. What is it? I am actually paranoid that it is some sort of GPS device since I have a crazy ex tjat just got out of jail.
I added a photo of what it looks like!
Any info would be awesome!
Thanks so much!
Both of my Gen 4s 2013 & 2017 have the shark fin but that might be an older version of the antenna

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
Both of my Gen 4s 2013 & 2017 have the shark fin but that might be an older version of the antenna
Post #6, the started using shark fins in 2013

·
Registered
657 Posts
Canadian destined truck had the puck from 13 and newer but no shark fin. They had XM and GPS but no Uconnect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts