DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was repairing and tuning up some minor issues in my truck then noticed the hose in the picture I have attached was not plugged into anything. It is not in my repair manual nor can I find any information. Do you know what this goes to?

Thank you for helping!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I was repairing and tuning up some minor issues in my truck then noticed the hose in the picture I have attached was not plugged into anything. It is not in my repair manual nor can I find any information. Do you know what this goes to?

Thank you for helping!
First of all, that is a very clean looking engine compartment,:Wow1: specially for an 8yo truck. I don't ever recall seeing anything like that, so I went out and looked on mine and I don't see anything like that tube. It looks like some type of breather tube, but to what? :4-dontknow: Did you trace the tube down? There's a couple of vacuum solenoids right there, and the cruise control is right under that tube, at least in mine. When you find out, let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tube

When I was repairing my vacuum hoses, I noticed that the tube was unplugged. Once I get some time to get under the hood again I will try to find any lose ends. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hemilonestar called it. mine runs down to my diff as a breather

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
hemilonestar called it. mine runs down to my diff as a breather
Same here. And yes, that is a good looking engine bay. Looks a lot like mine!! :smileup::smileup:

its the vac line for the passenger ejector seat
Where the heck is the button? That could definitely come in handy, lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found the Solution

After looking around, I noticed that it was a vent tube for the transfer case. Thank you for jokes and helping me narrow down the answer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts