DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the back seat and was trying to figure out how to mount my amp to the back wall and part of the back wall linear stood out further than the rest on both sides. I was just going to cut it out but when I pulled it forward I saw this vent looking thing behind it. See pictures (if I can get this to work) and please advise what this is and can I remove the linear in front of it??

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
That's the cab vent, I wouldn't recommend removing it. You could get water in there without it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just meant removing the padded sqaure in front of it so my amp can mount flush, would that be ok?
I suppose it would be although I would worry about it being too close to the vent. may not get wet but it could be damp near there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cab Vent

I removed the back seat and was trying to figure out how to mount my amp to the back wall and part of the back wall linear stood out further than the rest on both sides. I was just going to cut it out but when I pulled it forward I saw this vent looking thing behind it. See pictures (if I can get this to work) and please advise what this is and can I remove the linear in front of it??
Looks too me like the cab pressure vent. I think it allows air taken in by the heater/cooling fan to exsit, also it relieves air pressure when your closing the doors, so they will shut completety. May be wet behind the ears, just my thoughts.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My setup is mounted behind the driver side rear seat and is mounted on a piece of MDF board

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you all have any issues folding the seat up ? Mine hits my amp now and won't go all the way up. Did you cut any of the padding on the back wall? What did you do so your seat would fold forward, seat spacer or cut the hooks in the back?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Did you all have any issues folding the seat up ? Mine hits my amp now and won't go all the way up. Did you cut any of the padding on the back wall? What did you do so your seat would fold forward, seat spacer or cut the hooks in the back?
The seat does NOT hit the amp because the amp is lower then the middle of the backrest.

The padding on the wall was NOT cut or removed, the wood was just mounted over.

And with the fox box they come with 5/8" seat spacers which then allow to fold seat down at a certain angle to unhook and fold down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts