Registered
2012 RAM 1500
326 Posts
Fuel Economy :thk:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Neither of those. I leave mine off.

If I'm towing and it's hot out I'll leave it on the trans temp. If im on a trip I'll glance at the fuel economy but then I'll turn it back off. I've noticed if I leave the fuel economy on then it goes down LOL so I dont watch it.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Drove from Orlando to Dickson, TN friday night and had trans temp up about 99% of the time. Had about 750-1,000 pounds I was hauling and the trans temp never went above 150 deg F. It did get into the 160's when sitting idling, but that's expected. When moving it was between 140-150, and it was about 70-75 deg F outside. I was pretty happy with that, I also have a 2,800 stall converter. I was also happy that my avg mpg for the trip was about 18.5 mpg, and the truck had plenty of power, I had it on the 87 SC tune, pretty much never even had to downshift out of 2nd OD going through the mountains. Maybe one or two times it did, and then I just put it on tow/haul for those steep areas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
3rd gen here, so I don't have all the bells and whistles the newer trucks do. I leave it on temp/compass, but my fiancee seems to take great delight in putting it on instant MPG.

·
Premium Member
32,792 Posts
On my 2009, i change screens easily, just a click or 2 with my left thumb, using the down or up arrows
there are control buttons on both the front & the rear of my steering wheel
most all of them just control the radio in 1 way or another

http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/2009-ram.html

I have never tried the newer Rams, with the multi button steering wheel setup

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Now that it is around 0 degrees F, I have my evic set on coolant temp, so I can make sure I don't turn it off when it isn't up to operating temp.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mos def fuel economy is number one...

Coolant temp to see how bitchin' my 180 thermostat is working...

Tranny temp when towing...and tire pressure too. Pretty obsessive when it comes to that stuff when I'm pulling...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fuel economy also, but I wish I could have the Ram logo as my main screen. I think I'd rather look at that than anything else.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tend to leave it on Fuel Economy. When towing I leave it on Tranny temperature, occasionally I'll check the tire pressure but I figure if it is too low the light will come on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Speedo. 24 hour clock, radio, ext. temp, compass, boost pressure and trans temp are the other gauges I have up. 2013 :)

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Fuel Economy! I have a heavy foot, so it's a reminder.:smileup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I usually clear out the EVIC, so the only thing showing is the direction of travel of the compass, temp, and the radio information.. but if I am displaying any of the screens it would be the fuel economy for the most part, unless I'm towing something then I'll display the engine data!!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts