DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the regular screw-in with screwdriver one's installed right now.. Thinking about getting some anti-theft screws.. one for the added theft deterrent, two for the looks.

In TX I have to have my front license plate, right now I've got a chrome frame around it and just the 2 top screws.. the bottom of the license plate doesn't really sit inside the chrome license plate frame all the way (not noticeable unless you're OCD like me) because it's only got the top 2 screws holding both the frame and plate in place.. I need something short for the bottom 2 screws to hold the plate and frame together without it going through the back and hitting the bumper (even though it hangs over the bumper I know..)

..anyways what do you guys have that works with these trucks? (some kits are not the right size even though they say they'll fit in some online descriptions)

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
some of the members have picked up a license plate Bracket, sorry i forget which one
Then they trimmed the part that molds to the bumper, the backside, using a grinder of some kind

take a piece of cardboard & make a template of the bumpers contour & transfer it to the bracket

I read on another site that Dodge has a bracket that is made for the '09 Rams, it read $60 CDN

I have the plastic bumper & i would like to have one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts