Premium Member
32,591 Posts
1979 Harley Davidson FXE
3 wheel custom conversion

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Mine's the black one:

Not the fastest or "best" but it's DAMN fun to ride. I've been secretly wanting an 1125cr lately but I can't afford two bikes and think I'd really regret getting rid of the xb if I sold it, even though the 1125 is "better".

·
Registered
463 Posts
BMW R1200RT
Norco Charger 9.1 29er
Kona Blast (26" wheels)

The Norco's seen more kms this year...:(

·
Registered
417 Posts
1986 Yamaha Virago XV1100 for me. Bike is in great condition, I went for a 4000 mile (6200km) trip through the States this past June.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine's the black one:

Not the fastest or "best" but it's DAMN fun to ride. I've been secretly wanting an 1125cr lately but I can't afford two bikes and think I'd really regret getting rid of the xb if I sold it, even though the 1125 is "better".
I thought the same thing when I bought my 1125r... I was never gonna sell my XB12r. After the XB sat for 2 years I sold it the 1125 is Miles ahead of the XB's!!!

·
Registered
18,031 Posts
I'm subscribed

I'm in the market for a bike....I'm digging the Harley Forty Eight or an equivalent to that
Any suggestions guys?
I'm not down for the name per say....just want a good decent bike.

Was also looking at the Triumph Bonneville as a comparison

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now is the time to wait a couple months till people start parting with bikes as winter approaches. Craigslist my fiends... Try to stay outta the HD stealer ship.

·
Registered
18,031 Posts
Right now is the time to wait a couple months till people start parting with bikes as winter approaches. Craigslist my fiends... Try to stay outta the HD stealer ship.
Hell no....I will not pay retail on a Harley and that is why I am doing my research as well on bikes similar to the Forty Eight.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
I'm strongly considering selling my xb to buy an 1125cr. My bike with 50 more hp and liquid cooling sounds great. Any drawbacks having owned both? The best thing about the xb is it's basically maintenance free.

·
Registered
18,031 Posts
I'm strongly considering selling my xb to buy an 1125cr. My bike with 50 more hp and liquid cooling sounds great. Any drawbacks having owned both? The best thing about the xb is it's basically maintenance free.
Id say go for it :smileup:
Mind you have no clue about Buell bikes
But I do like more power

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Once you ride the 1125 you'll understand... The drawback to owning both is you'll never want to ride the XB again. Exhaust and Erik Buell racing ECM removing the inner airbox Really wake these bikes up and loses all the EPA crap. The slipper clutch is a huge upgrade and really let's you Charge into corners.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
The only thing holding me back is more maintenance(valve adjustments, etc) and the more common issues such as stator failures. I barely have time to change the oils in the xb, let alone other maintenance. I had a 4 cylinder before the buell and really got sick of working on it more than riding it.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts