DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im got a stack of parts im going to put on the truck around feb. So far i have a comp 260 cam, 6.1 springs and pushrods, summit 20% ud pulley, mag Y pipe, picking up a set of used heads an milling them .030. The only thing im having trouble with is finding Long tubes for a 03 2500, I know ARH. just released some but I dont have the pockets for them. So any idea what I can do for headers an what kinda numbers i should be puttin down.

G

·
You'll get a bit more high end power with long tubes but shorties work better for low end torque. I'd rather have that with a big heavy truck.

With the cam and head work, along with the rest of the mods, I am gonna conservatively guess you'll see 45 - 55 gross HP gain at the crank. Again, that's a conservative guess.

You can plug in some info at the link below and get an estimate:

http://horsepowercalculators.net/

·
Registered
269 Posts
I dunno bout power numbers but that sounds amazing with all the stuff you got!! Its gonna be a whole new truck congrats and post pics!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm confused then, on sport bikes they come with a longer exhaust for bottom end, but if you put a short slip on exhaust you loss bottom end and gain top end. I was always told due to the velocity and dense air or gases in the exhaust.
Short pipe=fast volume with little back pressure
long pipe=slower volume with a lot of back pressure
Maybe I'm wrong I'm just trying to educate myself.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
that's a great combo of mods for the 2500..nice tq cam..lt's would work great..lt's are always better than shorty's no matter what, the gains at the top end negate any kind of low end loss. I have both lt's and shorty's (for emissions) and the power difference is obvious..of course any kind of header is better than stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts