DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of mods are being used on the new 6.7 HO Cummins that are legal in Cali
What kind of programmers etc if nothing else what obdII readers are being used I dont like going on long trips without a good DTC reader clearer
I am new to the Cummins World so any help or information is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
182 Posts
Air intake systems will pass the visual part of the smog check. A cat back / dpf back exhaust system can also be added. While both of these items are mods, they won't likely net any gains in hp or mileage despite what manufacturers may claim.

Look into smarty if you're considering a tuner / code reader.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air intake systems will pass the visual part of the smog check. A cat back / dpf back exhaust system can also be added. While both of these items are mods, they won't likely net any gains in hp or mileage despite what manufacturers may claim.

Look into smarty if you're considering a tuner / code reader.
I have heard great things about the smarty with the 5.9 not many 2012 6.7 HO users out though not really concerned about performance I dont need to improve on the 800#TQ this HO puts out more concerned about code crap
The DPF delete will have to wait until warranty is up and then after I find a good smog guy

·
Registered
669 Posts
Air intake is pointless until youre over the 400-450hp mark so save yourself the money there. Ain't a whole lot you can do to these motors without voiding the warranty. Programmers will void your warranty at most dealerships and a dpf back exhaust is just about as useful as slapping a set of 24's and low profile tires on your truck... I have days on a calendar marked off until my warranty is up, then we play..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air intake is pointless until youre over the 400-450hp mark so save yourself the money there. Ain't a whole lot you can do to these motors without voiding the warranty. Programmers will void your warranty at most dealerships and a dpf back exhaust is just about as useful as slapping a set of 24's and low profile tires on your truck... I have days on a calendar marked off until my warranty is up, then we play..
Good info I am learning not much can be done without voiding warranty still would like a good dtc reader clearer
Any help there??

·
Banned
50 Posts
Turbo Diesel Register has very good information as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts