DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering for all of you guys that have a 4x4 and want it to look like a 4x4 so you level it, who has had any suspension problems with their front end after a bunch of miles?

I want to know the following.

1. What leveling kit do you have installed?
2. Did you do anything else to your suspension besides the kit ie. suspension/body lift, air bags ect...?
3. How many miles do you have on it WITH the leveling kit?
4. Have you had any problems with the front end ie. ball joints wearing out, CV joint wear out, vibration (after many miles, not from the start) ect...?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will go ahead and start this off.

Installed 5100's, had alignment right afterwards and no problems.
Have 1000 miles on the truck AFTER the level. 52k miles total on the truck. No problems with anything.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
2" HBS Spacers, alignment after 6k miles, extended shocks after 16k miles, 20k on spacers total
I also have 1.75" Wheel spacers all around
Just replaced stock front axle U joints and wheel bearings with 152k miles on them

·
Registered
390 Posts
5100's set at 1.4", No other lift mods, over 10K miles with the 5100's and no issues at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bilstein 5100's with alignment 500 miles after install. No problems so far with 5000 miles on them.

Previously had a Daystar kit which I took off. I had it one for aout 12,000 miles and had to replace a upper ball joint when I switched to the leveling shocks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is a good topic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just ordered the Rough Country kit this evening, 2.5" front and 1.75" rear... Can't wait to get it! Hopefully no problems with this kit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the 5100s installed at the highest setting, had an alignment right after install. Have a slight wobble while in 4wd between 10-15mph, nothing to serious. 2000 miles with them installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts