DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What mistakes have you done on your build? What would you do differently?

563 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  WpgDodgeRam2010 
#1 ·
I had a 2010 ram 1500 that was a constant work in progress, it was an SLT quad cab with a 6' box and 4x4 with a 4.7L. It came factory optioned limited slip, tow hooks, skid plates, heated side view mirrors … Over the years I lift leveled it 2 1/2" inches, added factory 20" rims with duratrac tires, rhino lined the whole truck, added a sport hood, added u-connect, added a fold-a-cover, custom lights in the back, a 2500 front bumper, custom lights in the front, command start, heated seats, and a big long list of other fun revolving changes / mods over the years … And with a misfortunate accident, a while back the truck is not smashed up to the point it isn't even worth being a parts truck.

So you ask, why the post? Because my new to me truck is a 2010 ram 1500 lol … Less K, has the hemi 5.7L, 4x4, 5' box, crew cab and factory step bars … So I am now driving a truck that to me feels like a car. Its low, huge back seat, small box … The reason I bought it was because the deal was too good to pass up, so now I am trying to think, what did I like, what did I not like on my last build? What would I correct? What would I keep. And that got me to thinking, your mods … what did you love? What did you regret?

One think I very much regretted was adding a cabin air filter. Not because I don't like clear air, but because that stupid door would randomly pop off and fall on the floor. One thing that I really loved was the lift level, but honestly I could have gone 1/2" shorter so I wouldn't have to slightly jump up into the cab …

Tell me your mods and how it worked out? Even if it is not 2010 specific, I would sure love to hear from you!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.