DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just finished a 1000 mile trip. The first leg averaged 17.5 mpg on the evic, but hand calc was 16.5 mpg. I mostly drove the speed limit (65-75) and MDS was active most of the time when speeds were below 70 mph. The return home averaged 15.5 evic and 14.5 mpg hand calc. That leg was with a strong headwind the entire time and higher speeds, so MDS was rarely on.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I took 2 test drives. The first for 45 minutes of mostly hwy @ 65-67 mph. I never noticed "eco" on the evic.

Olli

·
Registered
196 Posts
Searched the manual....Obviously, well it is now, the truck that I drove did not have the "eco" message icon turned on.

•​
Fuel Saver Display In Cluster

The “ECO” message is located in the instrument cluster​
display, this message can be turned on or off. To make​
your selection, touch the Fuel Saver Display soft-key,​
until a check-mark appears next to the setting, showing​
that setting has been selected. Touch the back arrow​
soft-key to return to the previous menu.

Olli

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My truck doesn't have the ECO display. After having it on a 12' 1500, I assumed it would be on the 2500. Can't find it in any of the menus'. On a brighter note, I'm now feeling the MDS staying engaged up to 65 mph. Fuel economy is up to 18-20 mpg on the EVIC. Break in and much warmer temps are restoring my faith in the 6.4 mpg claims.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my 14 6.4 3.73 it has come in as early as 35mph wont hold usually though ..seems to vibrate quite a bit. I just did my first highway drive md to nj on fri 70 mph stayed on and mpg went up 2-3 mpg ... I only have 500 miles on my truck so hoping vibration isnt as noticeable when engine breaks in , truck has been getting smoother as mileage rolls on

·
Registered
69 Posts
I only have 800km on mine so far so I'm hoping mileage improves but right now my MDS will not come on over 90km/hr, so it is never active at highway speed. I do not have an eco light, but it is definitely noticeable when it activates at low speeds.

·
Registered
135 Posts
IMO I don't like the mds in these 2500s its louds when comes on an it feels funny makes me think my truck is ****ed up, anyone know if it can be disabled?

·
Registered
143 Posts
IMO I don't like the mds in these 2500s its louds when comes on an it feels funny makes me think my truck is ****ed up, anyone know if it can be disabled?
It will be able to be disabled when a tuning company gets a hold of them. I know a Diablo tuner can disable it on Chargers so it is just a matter of time for the Rams.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We are neighbors....:wavey:

Olli

You should come to a MAMM M&G and meet some more of your fellow North Jersey Mopar owners. Also, on April 5th there is a car show down in South Jersey that most of us are going to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can be disabled by putting your truck in 6th gear. It will shift normal from stops and everything. Works for mine. You just have to put in in 6th every time you shift from drive. I cant stand MDS. I have a muffler delete and it drives me crazy between 40 and 75mph. I usually drive with it off. Dont notice any mpg difference. I live in Texas and its decently flat ground.

2014 1500 HEMI. 4x4 3.92gears.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think I get better mileage with the MDS off using the switch manually method, it seems like I am able to keep the truck in a better range myself, plus it doesent lag between the MDS switching on and off. I'm coming from a 2013 V6 with the 8speed, I wish they would have given us a Eco light on the 6.4

·
Registered
41 Posts
ECO Light must not have been on the 2014s my 2015 has it but it rarely comes on unless I'm driving under 90km/h. Only 400km so hopefully it will improve as it breaks in. I'm only getting 11MPG or 21L/100km with mixed driving so far.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My 2014 does not have the eco light either. Wouldn't matter much though because I disabled the MDS with the Diablosport Trinity tuner. Actually haven't seen much difference in gas mileage.
Actually got slightly better gas mileage with the MDS turned off on my 2011 Sport.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a 2015 Sport with 5.7. 3.21 gears. 1100 miles.

I had to turn on my ECO indicator in the settings..

I notice it comes on quite a bit and I can actually drive and accelerate gradually with it in ECO. I was pleasantly surprised how often and long it stays on. I've even ECO'd up gradual hills on the highway maintaining speed. My Avalanche would drop out as soon as I breathed on the gas pedal.

MPG is improving with break-in. I'm seeing low-mid 20's cruising around town and backroads. But that's relaxed driving.

I also find it's better to accelerate up to speed fairly quickly since you're sucking gas anyways, then just cruise from there.

My 2 cents.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts