DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What speed does your MDS hold?

23K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Goad 
#1 ·
My truck will barely hold at 45 mph with 4:10s. I see an increase of 2-3 mpg in MDS mode, truck just won't hold it. What are everybody else's expirences?

#36 ·
I can be disabled by putting your truck in 6th gear. It will shift normal from stops and everything. Works for mine. You just have to put in in 6th every time you shift from drive. I cant stand MDS. I have a muffler delete and it drives me crazy between 40 and 75mph. I usually drive with it off. Dont notice any mpg difference. I live in Texas and its decently flat ground.

2014 1500 HEMI. 4x4 3.92gears.

#37 ·
I think I get better mileage with the MDS off using the switch manually method, it seems like I am able to keep the truck in a better range myself, plus it doesent lag between the MDS switching on and off. I'm coming from a 2013 V6 with the 8speed, I wish they would have given us a Eco light on the 6.4

#40 ·
I've got a 2015 Sport with 5.7. 3.21 gears. 1100 miles.

I had to turn on my ECO indicator in the settings..

I notice it comes on quite a bit and I can actually drive and accelerate gradually with it in ECO. I was pleasantly surprised how often and long it stays on. I've even ECO'd up gradual hills on the highway maintaining speed. My Avalanche would drop out as soon as I breathed on the gas pedal.

MPG is improving with break-in. I'm seeing low-mid 20's cruising around town and backroads. But that's relaxed driving.

I also find it's better to accelerate up to speed fairly quickly since you're sucking gas anyways, then just cruise from there.

My 2 cents.

#43 ·
If you have a lead foot MDS isnt gonna do you alot of good. I made a short 100 mile trip yesterday, averaging 60 mph, mostly flat terrain. Dashboard evic says 22 mpg. I didn't buy this truck for the mileage but I won't complain when i get those kind of numbers.:SHOCKED::smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.