DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to need to replace the tires on my truck pretty soon and I have been looking online at my different options. I am pretty picky regarding what I want in the tire that I put on my truck - I want it to be an all terrain, LT, and have white letters. This is a link to a tire that I have found that I like
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...do?pc=27026&tmn=Discoverer+A/T3&typ=Truck/SUV.

My question is this.. With a leveling kit on the truck, will the 315/70/17's fit? I know the tire is almost 35" and would like to know if anybody else is running a setup like this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i would recomend a max width of 285 on the factory wheel. if you want to go 315 i would say upgrade your rim to at least a 17x8 but a better fit would be 17x9

and with a leveling kit, you should have no problems.
hope this helps

don johnny

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DonJohnny for your reply. The stock rims are 17X8 so does that mean the 315's will work? I looked on Cooper's website and the recommended rim width is 8.5 to 9.5.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
You might could get a 315 on an 8" rim but it sure is gonna have that "marshmellow" look to it from being squeezed on such a narrow rim (narrow for a 315 anyway). That and I'm not sure you could run a 315 without spacers or negative offset wheels....atleast I know you couldn't on the 20" rims. I'm not very familiar with the 17".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really wanting to change the rims at this time and I haven't ever heard anything good about spacers so I think I'll stick with the 285's. Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts