DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96' 1500 time for new rubber can't decide which ones to get. I'd like to to go up in size but due to dumb lift law. My wheels are 15x10 and 35s are as tall as I can go legally. For the record it will clear 40s :). Cheaper the better as always but don't mind big bucks if they last. All terrains are not an option. Than guyz

·
Registered
717 Posts
Need more info on how and where U drive, type of terrain etc. Seems like if all terrains are out U are looking at Mud Terrains I take it. Does this truck see paved roads much? Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar are good options. Goodyear Duratracs are great everywhere, mud, paved roads, snow, but tend to wear a little more on a larger truck. Nitto Mud Grapplers are nice if U don't do a lot of paved roads and don't mind the noise on pavement. Nitto Trail Grapplers are great on road and great in the mud too. Hankook Dynapro MT's are right up there. Lots to choose from in MT's. For my $ on my heavy 2500 and for what I use them for, I'd choose either the Goodyear MT/R or the Nitto Trail Grapplers since I do a lot of off road and on road. If I had a more dedicated farm/trail truck, I'd do the Nitto Mud Graps. Does that help ya?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More of a hunting and fishing truck, mainly a road warrior but will deffinately see mud holes. The truck will be used as a truck and if a mudhole lies between me and a deerstand or fishing hole I want to be able to goo thru without getting stuck. I'm looking for a high millage MT. I like the duratrcks but they don't make them in my size. Im leaning towards the KM2s but I'm keeping my mind open. I'm not trying to put a whole lot in them but I don't mind it if they last a while. The truck will be a daily driver as well and I like in VA.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'd go for the Nitto Trail Graps. One thing they have over the others is they can be rotated around to any side of the truck (better wear). Some of the others (Goodyear MT/R) are directional. Trail Graps are heavier and stiffer than the Duratracs and Dynapro MTs and work well for a heavier truck. KM2s are said to be on the lighter side and in one of the tests I've read, not too good in the mud (4X4 Garage Summer 2011 issue). But if U could get a set cheap enough, go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts