DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what it is that i am supposed to look for in the rear end if i take the diff cover off to inspect it. I have a whinning noise and i think there is something wong inside but \i am not sure what i am supposwed to be looking for or what i am supposed to do to determine where and what the problem is exactly. Can anyone give me any advise cause i dont want to make things worse by driving if it is the rear end. Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took a look at my fluid. Its pretty brown but still smells good. I'm going t be taking the diff cover off Monday to see what's going on. My tires I have on there are the BF Goodwrench All Terrain KO. There a little bit taller but nothing major. I don't do brake stands or spin the tired going around corners or pull anything heavier then a trailer with an ATV in the back 6-7 times a years other then a load op top soil once a year. I do a lot of highway driving up to the cabin but all said and done I baby my truck and take care of it and do all the maintanence on time. Not to sure what can be wrong but I hope its nothing mojor. I'll let you guys know what I find good or bad. All the best over the holidays!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.